The Talent Shortage Myth and Why HR Should Get Out of the Hiring Business

Started by Caliga, April 02, 2013, 12:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Beating people's faces like pizza dough is an honorable profession.  Well at least some of my cousins say it's okay and they told me they were "men of honor".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 10:26:00 PM
If only Ideologue spent as much time and effort on his legal career as he does on beating people's faces like pizza dough.

Five to ten seconds?

I think I'm ready to give it my best shot!
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 10:26:00 PM
If only Ideologue spent as much time and effort on his legal career as he does on beating people's faces like pizza dough.

He was only 17, just a child.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 10:35:37 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2013, 10:31:23 PM
He was only 17, just a child.

Like he's not one now.

I dunno, your journey from man-child straight to effective retiree seems to be going well.

And I deleted the really mean stuff, you ass.  I've been doing what I can.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2013, 10:50:29 PM
I dunno, your journey from man-child straight to effective retiree seems to be going well.

Now don't go confusing me with Ed, dammit.  He's the retiree;  I'm merely the unemployed man-child.

QuoteAnd I deleted the really mean stuff, you ass.  I've been doing what I can.

You can start by getting some fucking furnishings.  And I know damned well you never put the futon back up to the sitting position today, either.

Ideologue

I haven't been home because I've been at my JERB.

Bed's coming, probably this weekend.  Around the same time I SWEAR TO GOD IT HAD BETTER my biospy cut's healed.
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

katmai

Quote from: Ideologue on April 03, 2013, 10:58:05 PM
I haven't been home because I've been at my JERB.

Bed's coming, probably this weekend.  Around the same time I SWEAR TO GOD IT HAD BETTER my biospy cut's healed.

Rub some dirt on it and get back in the game dammit
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2013, 10:59:59 PM
How does CdM know about your furniture?

New meme, I hope.  I've been due.

Quote from: katmaiRub some dirt on it and get back in the game dammit

I've been gingerly practicing and doing some stretches.  But I don't think I can play yet, coach.  But pray for me.
Kinemalogue