News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So Bioshock infinite

Started by Razgovory, March 27, 2013, 12:34:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

It's getting rave reviews all over the place, esp. for its world design, but I'm holding back for a sale. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

It might be a while before you find it in the 99 cent bin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on March 27, 2013, 02:13:11 AM

It will probably take me that long to get around to buying a computer which will run it.

Queequeg

It can hardly run on my comp, but as far as art direction and writing it's the most impressive game I've ever played.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

I think the ending just gave me a stroke. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Queequeg

If you have the cash and hardware, get it asap.

Grey Fox

Quote from: fahdiz on March 27, 2013, 02:17:22 AM

It will probably take me that long to get around to buying a computer which will run it.

I don't condone doing it but you can find a refurbish PS3 for cheap almost anywhere.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on March 28, 2013, 09:10:26 AM
If you have the cash and hardware, get it asap.
Are your pants a dairy factory? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2013, 09:12:07 AM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 27, 2013, 02:17:22 AM

I don't condone doing it but you can find a refurbish PS3 for cheap almost anywhere.

The boy has a PS3 but keeps it up in his room.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

FunkMonk

I YouTubed the ending and read an article that describes the story pretty well. Seems interesting but not earth-shattering and genre-defining like a lot of reviewers are saying. Also the gameplay looks boring.

I'll probably pick it out of a bargain bin or steam sale in 9 months or so. I still haven't played Bioshock 2 yet.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.