Would you consider your spouse getting fat a good reason for divorce?

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 13, 2013, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming he/she wasn't fat when you married.

Yes
30 (60%)
No
13 (26%)
I'll have a Jumbo Jack with extra ketchup, large fries and a Diet Coke
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 49

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Warspite on March 13, 2013, 03:45:10 PM
Physical attraction is an important part of many relationships, so yes, I would say it is a fair reason for a divorce.

Shame most women don't understand that.

Ideologue

Quote from: Phillip V on March 13, 2013, 04:04:44 PM
Just communicate and commit to what the two of you want physically in the beginning and future.

I am generally fit, and I am generally attracted to fit women. As part of our relationship (and later marriage), we must agree to *believe* that being fit is a good thing to be. We must agree to pursue being fit for life as best we can, but we admit that we may naturally get fat due to ageing, childbirth, illness, disability, utter busyness, etc. The latter reasons are not grounds for divorce, but are instead grounds for love and support.

P5 is an enabler.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2013, 08:59:42 PM
Other reasons for divorce:

Nagging

Bitchiness makes the living hell of marriage into a living hell.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 13, 2013, 08:59:42 PM
Other reasons for divorce:

Nagging

His reason for divorce: She changed
Her reason for divorce: He didn't
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

dps

Lettow77

While I wouldn't forsake someone for getting fat, I would have far greater qualms with them buying into fat acceptance activism on the internet.

That stuff's off the deep end of tumblr identity nonsense.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Grey Fox

No but if it bothers someone so much that he considers divorce then he got married too early.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

You mean they should have waited for her to get old and fat before marrying her? :unsure: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Yes.

That seems stupid but people, especially Americans, get married too quickly.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 14, 2013, 08:16:32 AM

What's your gauge of that?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 08:36:30 AM

I think GF is only in favor of posthumous marriage.  Maybe on your deathbed if you are in a hurry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2013, 08:38:27 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 14, 2013, 08:36:30 AM

I think GF is only in favor of posthumous marriage.  Maybe on your deathbed if you are in a hurry.

As an aside, my maternal great-grandmother's first marriage was to a man already dead - wedding took place at the graveside.

She was married a total of five times ... I guess that first one was a sign.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox