Would you consider your spouse getting fat a good reason for divorce?

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 13, 2013, 03:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuming he/she wasn't fat when you married.

Yes
30 (60%)
No
13 (26%)
I'll have a Jumbo Jack with extra ketchup, large fries and a Diet Coke
7 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Phillip V

Quote from: Viking on March 13, 2013, 04:59:19 PM
What Would Newt Do?
Or John McCain, who divorced his crippled fat wife.

Or John Edwards, who his cancerous fat wife.

We have great leaders.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Not sure why it is a positive that she forced him to settle for her fatness...but then I rarely understand xojane.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2013, 05:07:39 PM
Not sure why it is a positive that she forced him to settle for her fatness...but then I rarely understand xojane.

Would I divorce my wife if she got fat? Hell no.

Would I have divorced the woman in that article? Absolutely.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2013, 04:40:25 PM
A good reason? No.

A valid reason? Possibly.

On the other hand, my wife certainly put on some weight after a couple kids. I thought it might bother me, but it turns out it bothers her a hell of a lot more than it bothers me. I still think she is hot.
Did her tits get bigger?  If so then you can look past everything else my friend.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Depends on other factors.
* Are you getting less attractive too?
* Is the fat on the stomach or in attractive places?
* Are we talking chubby or FAT?
* Is she smelly-fat?
* Do you have opportunities to sleep around elsewhere?
etc....
██████
██████
██████

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on March 13, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2013, 04:40:25 PM
A good reason? No.

A valid reason? Possibly.

On the other hand, my wife certainly put on some weight after a couple kids. I thought it might bother me, but it turns out it bothers her a hell of a lot more than it bothers me. I still think she is hot.
Did her tits get bigger?  If so then you can look past everything else my friend.

I WOULD NEVER SAY SUCH A THING!

giggity
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?