News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I've got a Boner or.... March of the Eagles

Started by Ed Anger, February 17, 2013, 06:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on February 18, 2013, 10:51:33 AM
I don't know, this is another Napoleonic game which only lets Britain win if it conquers Western Europe. 

I guess Britain lost the Napoleonic Wars historically?

Didn't Britain essentially do this?  They drove the French out of Spain and Portugal and France was under their occupation at the conclusion of the wars.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

I pre-ordered it too.........12 quid or something.

Of course it won't download now and even the paradox forums appear to have fallen over  :hmm:     :D

Tamas

do tell us what you think. I want to be pleasantly surprised

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 18, 2013, 04:12:06 PM
Don't tell him.

soon there will be a new patch for WW1 Gold with a big performance improvement, bug fixings, and improved battle AI. I will let you know, because I am not a hater.

Ed Anger

The Brit AI is too fixated on Hannover. You can kill 60k+ in 1805 easily by wiping out its invasion. 2 corps plus Murat's cavalry does the job.

Ed Anger

Other AI stuff: Austria goes after the ottomans. When I declare war, nobody is near the Austrian border. Or the Italian one.

Prussia got raped. By russia and the uk.

Still, I was amused turning Davout's corps into a super corps and smashing people to bits with it.  DAVOUT SMASH!

Oh dear, I'm reviewing it.

Tamas

It's cute that the folks at the P'dox forum seek historical accuracy in the game.

Ed Anger

Alright, it's poop. Oh well. No real skin off my back.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2013, 01:52:43 PM
Alright, it's poop. Oh well. No real skin off my back.

Yeah that's what a perusal of p'dox forums suggests.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Richard Hakluyt

It is a pretty slim offering, not much on the economic or trade side.........so just the military stuff. Which I think could be fun if a MP game was set up and beer was available.

Syt

Unlike EU or CK that looks like its actually possible to finish an MP game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Haven't found really fun Napoleonic games since Talonsoft.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2013, 03:31:07 PM
Haven't found really fun Napoleonic games since Talonsoft.

Don't bother with HPS Nappy games. Brain dead AI.