News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next game controversy? Metro: Last Light

Started by Syt, May 17, 2013, 12:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: sbr on May 21, 2013, 09:14:22 AM
I don't think so.  MP is an easy and somewhat legit way to require online DRM and kill the second hand market (in consoles).

Oh, EA has promised to get rid of their "online pass" thing, btw.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2013, 08:13:48 AM
Gabriel Knight II

Man that was a good game...except for that F'ing impossible walkie talkie puzzle.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I don't remember that.  But I do remember that Grace was way hotter than I thought she would be based on GK I. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2013, 09:21:07 AM
Oh, EA has promised to get rid of their "online pass" thing, btw.

Thank God.  Now if we could only get Ubisoft to get rid of Uplay- those are some bad, bad cases of unabashed double-dipping.
Experience bij!

Josquius

I'd definitely agree that MP makes people buy games rather than pirate them. A big reason half life sold so well was counterstrike et al meaning you had to have a valid version of the game.
But...I don't think that will really work for every single game. For a game which is all about the single player experience and just has multiplayer tacked on you won't get people who would otherwise pirate suddenly buying the game.
██████
██████
██████