News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I've got a Boner or.... March of the Eagles

Started by Ed Anger, February 17, 2013, 06:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on February 19, 2013, 03:31:07 PM
Haven't found really fun Napoleonic games since Talonsoft.

Now all those games were cool, especially player on player.

Ed Anger

I think what got to me with the game was the wonky AI in the diplomacy, and the management hell of watching multiple fronts in real time. Watching Germany, Italy and Spain gave me a headache.

Oh well, I've spent more money on worse.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Tried it again. Ended up chasing 50K Russians through southern France in 1807. Might have been entertaining if the Benny Hill theme was playing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2013, 05:41:21 PM
Tried it again. Ended up chasing 50K Russians through southern France in 1807. Might have been entertaining if the Benny Hill theme was playing.

I wish they showed those Benny Hill shows again.

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 19, 2013, 05:41:21 PM

The Suvorov Dream Scenario?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

This is kinda like I won our group's last Napoleonic Wars game with Russia after Kutuzov ninjaed Zurich and Milan.

Syt

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?669036-About-Serbia

QuoteHello i am not nationalist but i think that this game is a base on history........(on question) I go to my friend to see the game and i play more than 1 hour and with astonishment I saw that the Vardar Macedonia and Western Bulgaria(then) that is serbian all this territory have ethnic serbian guys this game is on base of history in this time there live bulgarians little greeks,serbian and turkish but major population was bulgarian i think that in team have some sort of serbian nationalist want to have Great Serbia at least in game because they screwed they "Empire" Yugoslavia.
I am big fan of Paradox and i have not been disappointed with any game I hope that the next patch to fix this misunderstanding

best wishes (sorry for my bad english)
:lol:

And from same guy:

QuoteOn second look more bulgarian regions are with romanian,greek and turkish nationality like all of dobruja is romanian Edirne,Kirkkilise,Komitani and Dedegach are turkish with greek population are is Serrai,Kilkis and Ohrid i look and other nations Alsace-Lorraine in this times is with german major population many region with greek major population are with turkish nationality in Russia at this time russians are not major population in east there are volga-bulgarians,tatars,mongolians in Crimea live major tatars not russians at this time belorussians didnt exists stalsund is swedish ahahah half of Moldovia have ukrainian nationality ha-ha this ethnic map is total shit is better to remove it
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Tamas

how I hate the "went to a friend's to check the game out"  excuse

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2013, 07:42:51 AM
how I hate the "went to a friend's to check the game out"  excuse

You're part of that problem. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2013, 08:55:08 AM
not anymore

So you now have a heart of gold and look down on your former brethren? Didn't you "stop" at a fairly advanced age?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2013, 09:23:59 AM
not anymore

So you now have a heart of gold and look down on your former brethren? Didn't you "stop" at a fairly advanced age?

He is gypsy, stealing is in his beet-filled heart.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tamas

Quote from: PDH on February 20, 2013, 09:38:16 AM
Quote from: garbon on February 20, 2013, 09:23:59 AM
not anymore

He is gypsy, stealing is in his beet-filled heart.

Viking

We keep beeting the same drum because is gyust pisses you off each time. Water off a duck's back and it won't be fun.. and then we'll go torment somebody else.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.