News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I've got a Boner or.... March of the Eagles

Started by Ed Anger, February 17, 2013, 06:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Decided to preorder it. Saved a WHOLE 2 bucks. I will not give a review.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

They will make Post-Defection Bernadotte into a 6-6-6
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I may do an AAR in my thread, but all the pics will be of Davout.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2013, 06:48:17 PM

I liked the Nappy boardgame from long ago that changed Napoleon post 1807 and made him inferior to Davout.  :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Viking

Quote from: PDH on February 17, 2013, 07:09:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2013, 06:48:17 PM

I liked the Nappy boardgame from long ago that changed Napoleon post 1807 and made him inferior to Davout.  :)

iirc the Empires in Arms variant EiH did that. But iirc davoudt was only superior with 2 corps or less. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

PDH

Quote from: Viking on February 17, 2013, 07:13:39 PM

iirc the Empires in Arms variant EiH did that. But iirc davoudt was only superior with 2 corps or less.

No, it was some crappy 3W game or something from the late 80s early 90s..all the French corps were the same strength in that stupid game.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Viking

Quote from: PDH on February 17, 2013, 07:17:59 PM
Quote from: Viking on February 17, 2013, 07:13:39 PM

No, it was some crappy 3W game or something from the late 80s early 90s..all the French corps were the same strength in that stupid game.

Well, in EiH Nappy got nerfed from 5.5.6 to 5.4.6 to 4.4.6 by 1812. Davoudt stayed a 4.5.2. So, EiH did it as well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2013, 06:33:57 PM
Decided to preorder it. Saved a WHOLE 2 bucks. I will not give a review.

You people never learn.

The Brain

Post-defecation I often feel like I could take on the world.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Tamas

Ed Anger

Faeelin

I don't know, this is another Napoleonic game which only lets Britain win if it conquers Western Europe. 

I guess Britain lost the Napoleonic Wars historically?

Iormlund