The One Type Of Place On Earth Your Hate The Most ?

Started by mongers, February 17, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What is the one type of place that you hate the most ?

Not a specific place, but the type, so not New York or New York real estate offices, but real estate offices is the correct format.

Actually given how vast the US, I think it's fair to allow regional descriptors if real estate offices on the East coast are significantly different from those in the mid-west, South or West Coast.

For me, I don't like hotels at all, doesn't matter what type, I just feel very uncomfortable, I avoid them at all costs.   <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Brezel

Airports, planes. Either one is in hurry or has to wait, sit and do nothing. Both are also noisy and crowded environments. And there is always the risk of delay, cancellation etc.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I have to go with hotels as well.  I don't travel well on a regular basis away from home.  I like to be in my own bed, surrounded by my cat and my own stuff.
Willy Loman didn't kill himself so Biff could get the insurance money;  he killed himself because he saw one too many karaoke nights at the Bluefield, West Virginia Holiday Inn bar.  :bleeding:

Don't mind airports;  they're the greatest intersection of international ass on the planet.

Waiting rooms are a 2nd.

Martinus

CountDeMoney

But see, Mongers isn't going to wait 2 pages to say, "well, guess where I am right now? The Four Seasons! Look at me!"

dps

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

I'm not sure they still exist, I have avoided them for over 20 years, but I really hate old-fashioned English tearooms. Not "caffs" you understand, tearooms. The sort of place with tiny tables and swarms of little old ladies, you feel like Gulliver in Lilliput, move your elbow too vigorously.......thwack!!!........that's two old ladies knocked to the ground, 3 chairs broken and a table smashed. You can't talk in those places either, show any animation and there will be waves of disapproval or, even worse, eavesdropping. Hopefully they have all closed, they are places of gloom and trauma.

The Larch

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

Places where there are people I don't know and that don't sell alcohol.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

Outside of jail? :P

Maybe voting lines?  It's generally way early in the morning, it's cold because it's November, and you've gotta stand for like two hours, moving slowly forward, with nothing much to do but play on your phone or read a book, neither of which you're in a particularly comfortable position to do.  Also I'm not sure what you're supposed to do if you've got to take a piss.  I just held it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)