The One Type Of Place On Earth Your Hate The Most ?

Started by mongers, February 17, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

Any place with a squat toilet, especially if in an outhouse.   :homestar:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zanza

I was in a senior's residence recently. There was this smell of death in the air. Worse than in hospitals.

Second worst are airports. Especially when you have a stop-over for several hours and can not go to a business class lounge.

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza on February 17, 2013, 02:51:40 PM
I was in a senior's residence recently. There was this smell of death in the air. Worse than in hospitals.

Second worst are airports. Especially when you have a stop-over for several hours and can not go to a business class lounge.

You know what can make the airports better if you don't have access to a business class lounge? At most airports if you go just outside the buisness class lounge, you can still connect to their internet.  :ph34r:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Caliga

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on February 17, 2013, 12:12:22 PM
I'm not sure they still exist, I have avoided them for over 20 years, but I really hate old-fashioned English tearooms. Not "caffs" you understand, tearooms. The sort of place with tiny tables and swarms of little old ladies, you feel like Gulliver in Lilliput, move your elbow too vigorously.......thwack!!!........that's two old ladies knocked to the ground, 3 chairs broken and a table smashed. You can't talk in those places either, show any animation and there will be waves of disapproval or, even worse, eavesdropping. Hopefully they have all closed, they are places of gloom and trauma.
Your description amuses me because, while we have those here as well, the old hens chatter and cackle nonstop in our tearooms.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Zanza on February 17, 2013, 02:51:40 PM
:yes: Nursing homes get my vote too.

Queequeg

Nursing homes.  Even hospices are better. 

Rest areas.  As a family, we used to make the trip out to Utah and Idaho almost every year.  They're awful places. 

I don't like a lot of American suburbs, to be honest.  Any place where I can't walk to a train station or bus stop is not worth living in. 

I actually really enjoy airports.  O'Hare especially.  Probably the best places for people watching in the globe.

Surprised no one has mentioned the DMV yet.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2013, 03:22:42 PM
Rest areas.  As a family, we used to make the trip out to Utah and Idaho almost every year.  They're awful places. 

:lol:

A chance to stretch your legs and empty your bladder when on a long road trip. How horrible.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

You can do that at a MacDonalds and find a cleaner bathroom and a grilled chicken chipotle snackwrap. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

So do it at McDonald's. There's no reason to be at a rest stop if you don't want to be there, thus no reason to hate the place.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2013, 03:38:04 PM
So do it at McDonald's. There's no reason to be at a rest stop if you don't want to be there, thus no reason to hate the place.
Most of my memories of rest stops are from when I was too young to drive and/or travelling with family, and thus would have no control over my ability to avoid rest stops. 

CountDeMoney

I consider all the rest stops on the New Jersey turnpike as mini international Mos Eisley spaceports, only with Sbarro's and Roy Rogers. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious.

alfred russel

I was once making a long distance trip overnight, and pulled into a rest stop for a few hours sleep. When I woke up, I think I saw a guy in a pickup parked next to me (which was kind of weird because the rest of the parking lot was empty), who was looking at me and seemed to be masturbating. I immediately got my keys and drove away.

It was the middle of the night and I just woke up, so maybe I was mistaken, but maybe not.

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2013, 03:54:48 PM
I was once making a long distance trip overnight, and pulled into a rest stop for a few hours sleep. When I woke up, I think I saw a guy in a pickup parked next to me (which was kind of weird because the rest of the parking lot was empty), who was looking at me and seemed to be masturbating. I immediately got my keys and drove away.
Are you hot.