The One Type Of Place On Earth Your Hate The Most ?

Started by mongers, February 17, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2013, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2013, 03:54:48 PM
I was once making a long distance trip overnight, and pulled into a rest stop for a few hours sleep. When I woke up, I think I saw a guy in a pickup parked next to me (which was kind of weird because the rest of the parking lot was empty), who was looking at me and seemed to be masturbating. I immediately got my keys and drove away.
Are you hot.

Apparently the hottest thing in the rest stop parking lot that night.  :blush:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2013, 04:01:10 PM
I was once making a long distance trip overnight, and pulled into a rest stop for a few hours sleep. When I woke up, I think I saw a guy in a pickup parked next to me (which was kind of weird because the rest of the parking lot was empty), who was looking at me and seemed to be masturbating. I immediately got my keys and drove away.
Are you hot.

No lot lizards that night, eh?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Quote from: 11B4V on February 17, 2013, 04:10:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2013, 04:01:10 PM
Are you hot.

No lot lizards that night, eh?

After googling lot lizards, I'm guessing that wasn't what he was after.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2013, 03:28:00 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2013, 03:22:42 PM
Rest areas.  As a family, we used to make the trip out to Utah and Idaho almost every year.  They're awful places. 

:lol:

A chance to stretch your legs and empty your bladder when on a long road trip. How horrible.

Rest stops can vary quite a bit by state. 

Arizona has really nice rest stops.

Eddie Teach

Arizona and New Mexico have a lot of rest stops with no facilities.  :wacko:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2013, 05:55:11 PM

Doesn't the countryside count as a facility ? :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2013, 05:55:11 PM

Well, along I-10, the rest stops are nice.  :P

Texas, incredulously, has lots of "picnic areas", which essentially turn out to just be a wide asphalt shoulder, usually with a lone picnic bench and a trash can.

Washington's are "meh", and definitely aging.

Oregon = average.

Virginia's "Welcome centers" are fairly nice as well.

Ed Anger

Ohio's rest stops are full of faggots that have been driven out of the state parks. Fags.  :glare:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive