The One Type Of Place On Earth Your Hate The Most ?

Started by mongers, February 17, 2013, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I hate the Starbucks inside of the local Safeway.  Jeebus, those people in line are maroons.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

Fake cities. Like the place I live now.
Look it up on wikipedia and you think "Wow, 200,000 people? And that's just within the city limits! It must have quite some buzz about it!"
But no.
For the entire place seems to have been designed by Jeremy Clarkson's idiot brother. Rather than having all the shops and everything nice and centralised thus pooling their appeal and allowing other stuff to spring up to take advantage of the footfall, the facilities one would normally expect in a city centre are spread out far and wide. Shops cling to dual carriageways miles from the centre of town, horrible strips of cheaply made things that you have to drive to get to.
It strikes me as being like a lesser version of what I'm told LA is like. Simply horrific. And this city isn't a lone abheration, quite a few cities in Japan are similarly horribly designed.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 17, 2013, 06:30:26 PM
Ohio's rest stops are full of faggots that have been driven out of the state parks. Fags.  :glare:

Missouri reststops are abandoned ruins where you might see people there scavenging for copper.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Banks. I'll wait months to deposit a check to avoid going to a bank. I have no idea why I dislike them so much, but I truly do.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

I like the welcome center in Florida off I-75 where they give you fresh squeezed orange juice for free. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on February 17, 2013, 09:08:52 PM
I like the welcome center in Florida off I-75 where they give you fresh squeezed orange juice for free. :cool:

Yeah, that is pretty neat.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Queequeg on February 17, 2013, 03:22:42 PM
I don't like a lot of American suburbs, to be honest.  Any place where I can't walk to a train station or bus stop is not worth living in.  .

Unless you're on an island, you can walk to one of those from anywhere.

It's just a question of how much stamina you have.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on February 17, 2013, 09:20:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on February 17, 2013, 06:47:57 PM
It strikes me as being like a lesser version of what I'm told LA is like.

:lol:
What?
That's what LA is famous for, terribly planned sprawl and everyone driving.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maladict

Martinus

Anyway, I wanted to come back and comment how utterly ridiculous the premise of this thread is.

There is completely no guidance provided by the OP as to what kind of places qualify - e.g. any place you can think of, any place you have visited at least once, or any place you visit regularly?

I mean, do people who say that hotels are the kind of place they hate the most, really hate them more than gas chambers in death camps for example?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on February 18, 2013, 06:53:02 AM
Anyway, I wanted to come back and comment how utterly ridiculous the premise of this thread is.

There is completely no guidance provided by the OP as to what kind of places qualify - e.g. any place you can think of, any place you have visited at least once, or any place you visit regularly?

I mean, do people who say that hotels are the kind of place they hate the most, really hate them more than gas chambers in death camps for example?

So the one type of place on earth you hate the most is this thread?  Noted.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom