And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL offseason thread

Started by katmai, February 15, 2013, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Miami Dolphins confirm logo change

QuoteThis time, it's for real.

Miami Dolphins chief executive officer Mike Dee said Wednesday that a team logo that appeared on NFL.com earlier in the day is, in fact, the official one, according to the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

"It was leaked by somebody at Nike," Dee told reporters. "We had always had a plan to kind of roll it out over a 30-day period, so we're going to start rolling it out. But the logo is only one part of the announcement. It's a complete re-branding of the team."

Dolphins defensive tackle Jared Odrick, apparently, is getting used to it:

Versions of the logo bubbled up online in recent weeks, but the real deal appeared as part of NFL.com's "Predict the Pick" series. That was unintentional, but -- because it's the Internet -- the image was screen-grabbed and sent on its viral way.

With the cat out of the bag, Dee talked about how creative types dreamt up Miami's re-branding.

"There's a lot of history in this in that we went back to colors, the true aqua and the true orange that were part of the first 29 years of the franchise's history," Dee said. "But the logo design itself and some other things you'll see respect that tradition in the past but also have an eye on the 21st century Dolphins."

To celebrate the launch, the franchise is giving one lucky Dolphins fan the chance to win the first official T-shirt featuring the new logo.

derspiess

So the league wants to promote safety and it allows Miami to remove the dolphin mascot's helmet??  :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on March 27, 2013, 04:44:12 PM
So the league wants to promote safety and it allows Miami to remove the dolphin mascot's helmet??  :rolleyes:
:lol:  I was just thinking that.

So, the Huff signing should really calm down the water in Baltimore.  Except perhaps the Flacco-haters, who won't rest until a proud Nubian quarterback is losing games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Tony Romo, six years, $108 million, $55 million guaranteed?

Man, that's just silly.  A guy who's a proven loser?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Couldn't happen to a better franchise.

Neil

On the week that Languish features an anal thread, Romo sodomized the Cowboys.  I mean, this is probably the best year possible to negotiate.  There are no good free agent QBs, there's no real starter-in-waiting in the draft.  If Romo becomes a free agent next year, who are you going to replace him with?  Vince Young?  Carson Palmer?  Jamarcus Russell?

CountDeMoney

I actually like Tony Romo;  when he's on, he's on, and I like his 3/4s throwing motion, reminds me of Bernie sometimes.
He doesn't always get help from some of those prima donnas down there, but damn, can he make some brain farts at the worst time.

But yeah, his contract reflects the lack of alternatives for the Cowboys.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Well, it's good to know that they'll be covered a little bit if Kaepernick doesn't work out.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2013, 05:25:05 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 01, 2013, 05:24:07 PM
Colt McCoy a Niner
I'm so sorry.
They made the NFC Championship game with Alex Smith.  I'm pretty sure that McCoy is comparable.

Alcibiades

I really doubt it, he rides the short-bus everywhere he goes.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

CountDeMoney

Carson Palmer is a Cardinal.  Sort of.