News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Age of Wonders 3 announced

Started by Syt, February 07, 2013, 04:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I liked the elves because druids were cheap and entangle let you level heroes easily.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

There better be a HOTT blonde elf babe, and not just that stuffy bunch of lifeless theocrats.  :mad:

Otherwise, it looks fantastic.  What appears to be an improved graphical/gameplay augmentation of the original, and not a jarring overhaul that takes away the original charm.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 27, 2013, 04:03:46 PM
I liked the elves because druids were cheap and entangle let you level heroes easily.

Yeah but they were easy enough to pick up as one of the neutral races.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I also always edited my hero to have dominate.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Wow, can't believe it has almost been a year already. Just saw on steam this is now available for pre-order / coming out at the end of next month.

OttoVonBismarck

I'll play it, will be interesting to see if it's good. I liked both 1 / 2 but I do agree with the consensus that 1 was the stronger gamer. Interestingly I think both came far closer to MoM than Elemental which the CEO of Stardock personally started solely out of his desire to remake the perfect MoM game for the modern era, and we all know how that turned out. (Well, I guess I don't, I never played the free expansion he gave out to people dumb enough to buy his game early on but I doubt anything other than a complete ground up rewrite of the game could have made it any good.)

Syt

Everything has been very quiet around this title. I will wait for consumer feedback and reviews before I move in on this one.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2014, 04:42:09 AM
Everything has been very quiet around this title. I will wait for consumer feedback and reviews before I move in on this one.

Exactly what I was thinking.

garbon

The Brain

I preordered. I like living on the edge.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

quill18 has a bunch of gameplay videos for this (campaign and random world).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

I'm a sucker for games with random maps, and since those fell out of fashion around 10 years ago not buying a reasonably major game that has them isn't an option.

Syt

Didn't Eador, Warlock, HoMM5 etc. all have random maps?
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on March 30, 2014, 12:13:38 PM
Didn't Eador, Warlock, HoMM5 etc. all have random maps?

How do you know I didn't buy those?