News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Age of Wonders 3 announced

Started by Syt, February 07, 2013, 04:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I haven't liked HoMM since part 2. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on March 30, 2014, 08:48:38 AM
RPS seems pretty upbeat about it.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/26/wot-i-think-age-of-wonders-iii/#more-197687

Yes, very encouraging. On the other hand they were upbeat enough about Warlock 2 to make me buy it, and I regret that decision.

The Brain

First impressions: it seems good, feels a lot like the earlier games. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

More like the first one or more like the latter ones? Question from the vein that with Shadow Magic felt like they had started adding too many random mechanics.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Can't tell yet. Plus the only one I played a lot was Shadow Magic.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

I didn't like the change in graphics.

garbon

Looking at what they have planned for first patch, nothing seems super brutal.

QuoteHi everybody,

The dust is settling after launch; so it's time for an update! The team is very happy and humbled with the overall reception so far: reviews, sales, but most importantly we're happy with overall fan reaction. But of course we can always do better. We've spent 39 months developing Age of Wonders III, and we're planning on supporting the game for a long period of time. We'll release patches, free new features and dlc/expansion packs and we're looking forward to implementing lots of feedback from the community. For the first update/patch, which will go live in the coming days we are looking at the following items:

Likely fixes:

* WQHD / QHD (up to 2560 x 1440 / 2560 *1600) native resolution display support (the Black & White boxes and blurry text should disappear)
* Frame Drops, particularly when having an army selected removed.
* AI Difficulty lowered for "Squire" – people dying a lot in the first Elven Court mission is not good.
* AI Global Spell Disjunction Spamming is limited
* AI Leaving their walls less quickly in combat
* Disabling of controller / joystick input to avoid camera drift
* Saving profile – e.g. graphics settings – fixed for the 'Guest' account.

New Features:
* Previous/Next Button for Cities (added to the city header)
* Quick Save Option.

This Auto-Steam update should drop in the next couple of days. This is just a start! We have many other updates and fixes in the works, including an option to disable observing multiplayer tactical combat between other players.

We are also looking for additional fixes for people having troubles with the online account system, folks getting the game to run through their routers, and compatibility with certain integrated Graphics Laptops / Tablets. Please check the Support Forums and Knowledge base for updates and don't hesitate to contact us when you have trouble getting the game running smoothly on your equipment.

Thanks for your support!
-The Team @ Triumph

Grallon

Bought this last night - spur of the moment thing.  It's pretty but it's awfully similar to HOMM and Eador: Masters of the Broken World.  Still I expect I can get some relaxation playing this in between Skyrim playthroughs.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

OttoVonBismarck

I'm too lazy to look into this so I'm going to need someone to tell me whether or not I should buy it.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Get both and then tell Otto and I which one to get

garbon

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 04, 2014, 07:19:58 AM
I'm too lazy to look into this so I'm going to need someone to tell me whether or not I should buy it.

The sense of entitlement on this board...<_<

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 04, 2014, 03:35:10 PM
Get both and then tell Otto and I which one to get

No problem. You buy me AoW3, and Otto can buy me CM: Red Thunder (or vice versa). I'll let you know in a week or two.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.