News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 19, 2011, 01:34:42 PM
So, my son asked for Rome Total War, and I could not find the CD anywhere, I downloaded the thing from steam for him for @$5, he playes it every once in a while on my laptop. Cool to play a quick single player battle every once in a while.

I'm still playing MW3 on the PS3.

Why do I even bother posting here anyway? Not like any of you really care what I play.  :P

So, my son is still playing the hell out of RTW, I barely see my laptop anymore :(. The poor guy was strugling so I tried to show him how to bring the console up with "~" and mod/cheat, but it won't work with a steam game! Anyway, I guess I should research it for him, meanwhile I went in and gave the Brutti 99999999 starting denari and told him to use them, it helps. :lol: Anyone know if there is a way to get the console to come up for a newb playing on a steam copy of RTW?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DontSayBanana

I finally managed to snag a Gold Edition version of Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.  As soon as I saw it sitting in our local GameStop, I had to pick it up.  Guess my original version's going on the yard sale pile. :blush:
Experience bij!

grumbler

Been playing Empire TW, with the Darth Mod.  It's a real hoot, with the "just one more turn" feel I had in Shogun and Rome (but which I found lacking in Medieval and Medieval 2; may just be the period).  India and America are a lot more fun for the Brits with a decent AI opponent.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I'm enjoying the Space Parrots and Zombies game. Got a chuckle out of the female pilot chatter asking if there was any strip clubs in system, so she could get a job.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

I finished the Fallout 3 Main Quest and the Broken Steel DLC.

Are any of the other DLC worth playing?  I don't have much interest left in the game, but if any of them are any good I may give them a shot.  I know Mothership Zeta is supposed to be pretty horrible.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 30, 2012, 07:23:10 PM
I'm enjoying the Space Parrots and Zombies game. Got a chuckle out of the female pilot chatter asking if there was any strip clubs in system, so she could get a job.

Holy crap, that got hard. I SAID 'CASUAL', YOU STUPID GAME.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Blizzard added people to the D3 beta. Did you make it?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

FunkMonk

My brother got in and I've watched him play. S'ok, I guess. It looks very slick and it has that "Diablo II" feel to it; no surprise considering it's a Blizzard project.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Scipio

Got Space Marine on sale.  Hopefully I will enjoy it.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

Space Marine is okay.  Now I'm hip-deep in Kingdoms of Amalur, which is pretty entertaining.  Definitely hack and slashy for an RPG, but an interesting and fairly deep crafting system, coupled with really entertaining combat.

Graphics are a trifle cartoony.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Hansmeister

Quote from: Scipio on February 11, 2012, 08:23:52 AM
Space Marine is okay.  Now I'm hip-deep in Kingdoms of Amalur, which is pretty entertaining.  Definitely hack and slashy for an RPG, but an interesting and fairly deep crafting system, coupled with really entertaining combat.

How does Kingdoms of Amalur compare to Skyrim?  I've been playing that mostly for now, though I just ordered FIFA 12 and Assassin's Creed II.

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 10:59:28 AM
Space Marine is okay. 

Elaborate, plz.
It's a super-linear shooter.  It really puts you in the grind of being the Emperor's weapon.  I felt like I was participating in a tabletop game.  However, the graphics and action are gorgeous, and the overall production value is fabulous, like in all the THQ 40K games.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Scipio

Quote from: Hansmeister on February 11, 2012, 11:10:43 AM

How does Kingdoms of Amalur compare to Skyrim?  I've been playing that mostly for now, though I just ordered FIFA 12 and Assassin's Creed II.
I don't think it compares to Skyrim, but I can't be authoritative, since I've always found the Elder Scrolls series cold and uninviting.  I far preferred Fallout 3 and Vegas to Oblivion, and I haven't tried Skyrim.  KoA:R has really intuitive combat, with a good combo system, while making running around the open world actually fun.  There's just a lot of shit to do.  Also, stealing shit from NPCs makes fucking sense.  If they can't see you stealing it, they don't fucking know you stole it.  That's a total revelation; if they're two stories apart from you in their house, THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

KoA:R's class system is really flexible; you can respec readily, and for once being a jack of all trades character really pays off.  That's always my preference play style anyway for these types of games.  The jack of all trades with mostly passive skills is a stupendous badass, at least in early game.  I've got about ten hours into it, and I'm rocking.

You can also whip up all kinds of random shit in alchemical experiment.  The other crafting is more stratified and ultimately less detailed, and kind of opaque.  But I have the feeling that crafting is going to be super important in the endgame.

The equipment options are very clear; the granularity of stuff is sharp, and elemental damage makes  a big difference, ala Diablo II.  Each style of fighting, even with similar weapons, remains distinctive.  On the whole, it appears excellent.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on February 11, 2012, 02:56:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 10:59:28 AM
Space Marine is okay. 

Elaborate, plz.
It's a super-linear shooter.  It really puts you in the grind of being the Emperor's weapon.  I felt like I was participating in a tabletop game.  However, the graphics and action are gorgeous, and the overall production value is fabulous, like in all the THQ 40K games.

PC or platform? Sounds like I'm getting sold.