Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: Scipio on February 11, 2012, 02:56:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 10:59:28 AM
Quote from: Scipio on February 11, 2012, 08:23:52 AM
Space Marine is okay. 

Elaborate, plz.
It's a super-linear shooter.  It really puts you in the grind of being the Emperor's weapon.  I felt like I was participating in a tabletop game.  However, the graphics and action are gorgeous, and the overall production value is fabulous, like in all the THQ 40K games.

PC or platform? Sounds like I'm getting sold.
I play it on PC.  And when I say I felt like I was participating in a tabletop game, I meant as one of those poor fuckers in a ten-man tactical squad or in a command squad.  Ouch.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on January 31, 2012, 11:57:41 PM
I finished the Fallout 3 Main Quest and the Broken Steel DLC.

Are any of the other DLC worth playing?  I don't have much interest left in the game, but if any of them are any good I may give them a shot.  I know Mothership Zeta is supposed to be pretty horrible.

Get the "Mothership Zeta Crew" mod and then play the DLC, followed by the mod.  The mod shortens the boring DLC by quite a bit, but then adds even more content as you turn the ship into a base for some pretty decent SF adventures.  Voice acting in the mod is excellent.

Play for a few dozen hours using the Real Time Settler mod, if you haven't already.  Fun for a while.

Definitely play the three Quest for Heaven mods.  The first one's puzzles are a bit annoying in the beginning, but the whole story then takes off and is very well-executed.

The best mods are probably the logical-puzzle-based mods from Puce Moose.  You gotta play those.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

My wife and I had a game of the Battlestar Galactica board game with some friends tonight.  It was quite fun.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on February 12, 2012, 12:38:17 AM
My wife and I had a game of the Battlestar Galactica board game with some friends tonight.  It was quite fun.

I haven't played it in person but have played a few games on the Paradox forums.  Every game has been fun.

Scipio

about 27 hours into KoA:R, which I figure is less than a third of the way through.  Completed the first of the faction quest series for the Summer Court.  Did not see that ending coming, but I suppose I should have.

Crafting is pretty entertaining, especially with naming your creations.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

BuddhaRhubarb

picked up a few cheap ass ps3(14.99 each) games with an unexpected payback of money lent to a friend who usually never pays back. ... fallout 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Mafia 2, GTA 4.

So far the cream is Fallout 3. Though I really dig the others, they are a bit frustrating, in the beginning for people like me who actually really suck at button combo-ing. I now have enough games to f around with until the newer ones I want - (Arkham City, Skyrim) end up in my price range (sub 20 bucks)

as always with gaming, I'm years behind everyone.
:p

Neil

The Mass Effect 3 demo finally dropped, which means I can finally play multiplayer at home without having to go in to the Bioware facility.  It's fun.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

Mass Effect 3 demo is great.  Want to try multi.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Syt

I'll wait for the game of the year edition with ME3. I had planned to get it on release, but I've long since lost track which pre-order/social game/different game's demo gives which additional content, so I've finally given up.

Besides, I still have TOR, CK2, and soon OOTP13.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

szmik

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on February 14, 2012, 01:49:29 PM
as always with gaming, I'm years behind everyone.
so I'm years behind you  :lol: got Bioshock lately
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Neil

Quote from: Syt on February 15, 2012, 11:23:32 AM
... I've long since lost track which pre-order/social game/different game's demo gives which additional content, so I've finally given up.
Yeah.  The EA marketing team wears clown shoes to work.  It's embarassing how shitty they are.

Scipio

BTW. 30+ hours into KoA:R, not a single ctd or hiccup.  Curt Schilling really came through on the QA angle.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

BuddhaRhubarb

Got my second attempt at Fallout NV up to almost the same level (14th) as where I stopped the first time round; this time without getting to Vegas yet. (that's next weekend)

Better Gun skill, different feats. Just got Wolverine Bones (adamantium skeleton). will be useful I think.

Very satisfying play this time round... cleaned out Vault 3 way more effectively. Very Fun Game. still my best purchase thus far (came w/ps3)
:p

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 11, 2012, 04:20:12 PM
PC or platform? Sounds like I'm getting sold.

It's great on the PS3 for sure. Can't speak to the PC version; my machine's too pokey for it.
and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

There are too many games I want to play.   :(

I'm caught between Skyrim, STO, SWTOR, and CK2.  I play a bit of at least two in a night, but it doesn't feel like enough.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.