And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 25, 2009, 03:25:00 PM
Wasting some time with a little Mosby's Confederacy.  :alberta:

I didn't realize that the game actually came out.  Any good?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Sword of the Stars complete. As a I figured, the 3D map is a pain in the ass. Shards of glass pain in the ass.

Enough of a pain in the ass that I'm finding it nearly unplayable.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Been playing a bit of Fable 2 and Civ 4 lately. Waiting for Sims 3.  :cool:

Queequeg

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2009, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 29, 2009, 03:19:57 PM
King of Dragon Pass.

MORE LIKE KING OF FUCKING FRUSTRATION!  AAAGGGHHHH!

:lol:

You aren't trying to powergamer it, right? The game likes to kick warmongers in the teeth.
I don't kill enough people, and Orlanth and Humkat get pissed.  Kill too many, and I make too many enemies.  Actually I've already beaten a few off my land, but after founding a tribe I'm really, really short on cattle and sheep and I think I'm just about fucking dead.  FUUUCK.  I think I might have to patch it or something, as the sheep are either bugged or being buggered by my people so much that they've forgotten to have sheep sex as God intended. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on May 30, 2009, 03:27:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2009, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 29, 2009, 03:19:57 PM
King of Dragon Pass.

MORE LIKE KING OF FUCKING FRUSTRATION!  AAAGGGHHHH!

:lol:

You aren't trying to powergamer it, right? The game likes to kick warmongers in the teeth.
I don't kill enough people, and Orlanth and Humkat get pissed.  Kill too many, and I make too many enemies.  Actually I've already beaten a few off my land, but after founding a tribe I'm really, really short on cattle and sheep and I think I'm just about fucking dead.  FUUUCK.  I think I might have to patch it or something, as the sheep are either bugged or being buggered by my people so much that they've forgotten to have sheep sex as God intended.

You did patch it, right? I seem to remember a sheep bug.

Ahhh....

http://a-sharp.com/kodp/update/

QuoteIncreased rate of sheep growth

Queequeg

Fuck.

I'm going back 40 years then.  I managed to get a fantastically skilled, beautiful girl as clan leader.  Am proud.   :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

I suggest a trickster as leader. Should be hilarious.

Also, from the FAQ:

QuoteHow do I keep from running out of sheep?

There are no routine sheep markets in Dragon Pass, but your clan trader will make sure you don't run out. Cattle raiders will also capture sheep, especially when you're low. You might also want to consider reducing some of your temples and simply making annual sacrifices.

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 30, 2009, 03:00:01 PM
Sword of the Stars complete. As a I figured, the 3D map is a pain in the ass. Shards of glass pain in the ass.

My first battle was me selecting the two combat vehicles and trying to attack the ship that shoots at my colonizer. I kept misclicking, and if I did click on the target they still seemed to ignore orders to go for other ships. Needless to say I died without knowing why or seeing how many hostiles there were in the first place.

The game - meaning the stratergee map looks confusing, disorienting, and while not having as much depth on that layer as GalCiv2 it also looks a lot more confusing and irritating.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Scipio

Bully SE for PC.  Holy shit, was this port broken from the get-go.  Luckily, it cost me $7.00.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

Started playing Men of War. Yeah, it's a Hollywood kind of WW2, but it sure looks good and is kinda fun so far. Using the tank's MG to mow down German soldiers who die in a shower of blood = awesome. The voice acting, though ... :bleeding:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

vinraith

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2009, 12:25:44 PM
Started playing Men of War. Yeah, it's a Hollywood kind of WW2, but it sure looks good and is kinda fun so far. Using the tank's MG to mow down German soldiers who die in a shower of blood = awesome. The voice acting, though ... :bleeding:

You'll want to give the dynamic campaign generator a look: http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=3631&sid=3ad579160eb26a984a662d22d823f6ee

Syt

Quote from: vinraith on June 01, 2009, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2009, 12:25:44 PM

You'll want to give the dynamic campaign generator a look: http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=138&t=3631&sid=3ad579160eb26a984a662d22d823f6ee

... interestin ...
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Doesn't seem to work on my machine. I've unzipped the files where they should be, downloaded the Win things that are required, but Campaign.exe crashes immediately when I try to start it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

vinraith

Quote from: Syt on June 01, 2009, 02:38:24 PM
Doesn't seem to work on my machine. I've unzipped the files where they should be, downloaded the Win things that are required, but Campaign.exe crashes immediately when I try to start it.

Is your copy Gamersgate or boxed? And is it German localized?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould