News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octavian

I'am currently switching between three Rome TW mods (BI and Alexander expansions); Invasio Barbarum - Imperium Julianorum (ruling the entire empire is hard); Paeninsula Italica (as Syracuse) and Diadochi TW (as Macedon). Unfortunately my EB save gave was deleted by accident.

I'm also playing some Battlefield Vietnam.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Queequeg

Quote from: Octavian on May 24, 2009, 03:41:13 PM
I'am currently switching between three Rome TW mods (BI and Alexander expansions); Invasio Barbarum - Imperium Julianorum (ruling the entire empire is hard); Paeninsula Italica (as Syracuse) and Diadochi TW (as Macedon). Unfortunately my EB save gave was deleted by accident.

WTF?  EB is better than all. 

Anyone know any good strategy games set in a Universe vaguely reminiscent of Dune? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Octavian

Quote from: Queequeg on May 25, 2009, 12:37:02 AM
Quote from: Octavian on May 24, 2009, 03:41:13 PM

WTF?  EB is better than all. 

I tend to agree however EB doesn't cover the same time periods as the others (except for Diadochi TW which starts in 279 BC but have a bigger focus on the Hellenized east (You can for example play Pergamum)

Besides the Invasio Barborum mod for BI is pretty good in terms of flavour etc.

Also EB's pretentious use of "native" names for factions can be annoying - Roma excluded. 
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josquius

I'm greatly tempted to go back to EU2....
Or...Dune. Again...Maybe
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

I recently picked up NWN2 vanilla, after the extremely tedious autopatch update I am now playing the first chapter. Not bad, until now.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

MadImmortalMan

Wasting some time with a little Mosby's Confederacy.  :alberta:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Seen

The Witcher but the go from A to Z to A and back again is starting to get annoying  <_<

derspiess

I played Guitar Hero for the first time last night  :blush:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2009, 09:36:16 AM
I played Guitar Hero for the first time last night  :blush:

My condolences.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DisturbedPervert

I've been playing King's Bounty, fun, glad I decided not to stop with the demo.  This game gets hard faster than I expected though.   :blush:

lustindarkness

As a good consoletard I still play Call of Duty 4 and 5, lately a lot of the latter for the zombie mode. I also play Little Big Planet and Civ Rev. Anyway, my son has asked me to reinstall Rome TW, so I may do that soon.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Queequeg

King of Dragon Pass.

MORE LIKE KING OF FUCKING FRUSTRATION!  AAAGGGHHHH!
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on May 29, 2009, 03:19:57 PM
King of Dragon Pass.

MORE LIKE KING OF FUCKING FRUSTRATION!  AAAGGGHHHH!

:lol:

You aren't trying to powergamer it, right? The game likes to kick warmongers in the teeth.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Seen

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 29, 2009, 03:03:25 PMI also play Little Big Planet and Civ Rev.
So how is Civ Rev if your used to the other versions?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Seen on May 29, 2009, 08:19:04 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on May 29, 2009, 03:03:25 PMI also play Little Big Planet and Civ Rev.
So how is Civ Rev if your used to the other versions?
I don't know, for a consoletard that had never played a Civ game it is good. I know it is a simpler not as micromanaging version.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom