News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I'm about to go get the FSX Gold edition.  I'm actually fairly excited about this.  :nerd:

Scipio

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 11, 2009, 12:28:50 PM
I've been playing the Plants vs Zombies demo on steam.  Really fun, I wasn't expecting it to be.  Probably will buy it, it's only $10.
The whole sexy package is great.  Lots of cool minigames that reference the classics, like bejeweled.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

vinraith

I figure I'll pick up Plants vs. Zombies once I'm done with Defense Grid, which has to be the best $5 I've spent in a long while. The sale ends on the 13th for anyone interested.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on May 11, 2009, 05:13:06 PM
She still wins, and now i'm gonna have to kick you next month K.

:menace:

Bring it! :blurgh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

FSX is awesome.  I should have picked this up a long time ago.  The Grumman Goose is especially fun to fly, both in the missions, and just puttering around various places, landing on water and shitty gravel strips, etc.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2009, 08:56:52 PM
:cool:

:)  I'm currently headed up the west coast of Africa in a Cessna 208.  Libreville at night in the fog was kind of annoying, but I'm on my way to Malabo now after getting some gas.

Ed Anger

FASA's Succession Wars. Finally got an online game got going and nobody dropping out. *knock on wood*
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 15, 2009, 10:33:51 AM
FASA's Succession Wars. Finally got an online game got going and nobody dropping out. *knock on wood*

:w00t:

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 12, 2009, 11:51:46 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 12, 2009, 08:56:52 PM
:cool:

:)  I'm currently headed up the west coast of Africa in a Cessna 208.  Libreville at night in the fog was kind of annoying, but I'm on my way to Malabo now after getting some gas.
Did you get additional scenery for that?  FSX's 'world' scenery coverage is kinda sparse in my experience... or at least it is in South America.  I mean, I know the Amazon is a giant forest, but there are roads and rivers and settlements in it and shit. ^_^

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2009, 10:38:35 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 15, 2009, 10:33:51 AM

:w00t:

It also helps that as the Kurita player, the Davion player is fixated on crushing Liao.

Caliga

I can understand that.  DAMN CAPELLAN BASTARDS  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2009, 03:28:39 PM

Meanwhile, me and the Marik player are ripping the Steiners apart. Tamar and Donegal have fallen, Skye and Tharkad are threatened. Meanwhile the Davions are being bled white by Liao in costly Fed Sun assaults on sector capitals.

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 15, 2009, 03:32:00 PM
Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2009, 03:28:39 PM

Meanwhile, me and the Marik player are ripping the Steiners apart. Tamar and Donegal have fallen, Skye and Tharkad are threatened. Meanwhile the Davions are being bled white by Liao in costly Fed Sun assaults on sector capitals.
Good.  Death to the Steiners.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on May 15, 2009, 10:39:52 AM
Did you get additional scenery for that?  FSX's 'world' scenery coverage is kinda sparse in my experience... or at least it is in South America.  I mean, I know the Amazon is a giant forest, but there are roads and rivers and settlements in it and shit. ^_^

Not yet.  I'm looking for a scenery addon though that's either free or...ahem...easily acquired (I'm looking at one that's free and seems to be a global type deal...replaces the default autogen stuff, and fixes certain cities...."FSX Enhanced Autogen" or some such). :P  I turned inland yesterday and have been following the Niger River (currently parked at the "airport" in Niamey), and yeah...it's pretty sparse, scenery wise.  Then again, that part of Africa might look like that anyway.  Heh.  I know they got the river and lakes and town locations right at least, because I can use Google Maps for VFR navigation during the day when the weather doesn't suck.  At night, I've just been bouncing from VOR to VOR, or just letting the traffic people steer me around when I get lazy.  Good times.

Haven't been shot at by drugged up child soldiers yet though.  FSX seems to be lacking in that department.