News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are you playing? (Redux)

Started by vinraith, March 13, 2009, 02:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 29, 2009, 11:38:40 AM
I bought Gal Civ 2 'Ultimate Edition' today.  I haven't played for a long time, and then only with Vanilla.  I don't remember what I'm doing.   :cry:

DA and TA change the game so radically that even if you remembered what you were doing you wouldn't know what you're doing. :D

Treat it as a sequel, it basically is.

Galrion

Quote from: katmai on April 28, 2009, 12:44:47 AM
So while waiting till July for the Champions MMO, I read up on new update to City Of Heros, where they added a mission generator/creator so users can make own custom missions/Boss/mobs...

Oh and also this

We want everyone to benefit from our anniversary, so from April 28th until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, May 3rd, all expired retail and trial accounts that are in good standing will be able to access the live servers. Now is the time to encourage everyone you know to patch up and jump into the game so that they can experience with you our anniversary events, the new Mission Architect system and more!

Hint Hint Fahdizzle, i want mah bubbles!

Also looking at you Teach (or whatever name you are now!) and hansmeister.

Yup, the mission architect is pretty sweet.  Easy to make your own as well.  Its good to have more folks playing cos spending like 90% of my CoH time with just DD7 gets old.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: vinraith on April 29, 2009, 11:41:50 AM
I bought Gal Civ 2 'Ultimate Edition' today.  I haven't played for a long time, and then only with Vanilla.  I don't remember what I'm doing.   :cry:

DA and TA change the game so radically that even if you remembered what you were doing you wouldn't know what you're doing. :D

Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the Jagged Knife event.   :lol:

Though honestly it hurt the AI much more than me.  Ended up reloading.

Syt

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 02, 2009, 08:37:25 AM
Quote from: vinraith on April 29, 2009, 11:41:50 AM
I bought Gal Civ 2 'Ultimate Edition' today.  I haven't played for a long time, and then only with Vanilla.  I don't remember what I'm doing.   :cry:

Gotta say, I'm not a big fan of the Jagged Knife event.   :lol:

Though honestly it hurt the AI much more than me.  Ended up reloading.

It's also a good chance to go on a conquest spree without pissing anyone off. Jagged Knife often takes some nice juicy planets from other empires that you can then conquer without getting into trouble with the previous owners.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

Hmm, well in this case, Jagged Knife took the planets I needed in order to take the juicy planets from other empires.  They took my manufacturing and technology capitals, and every planet with a spaceport except for one.   :lol:

The other empires were in worse shape, but it didn't seem like fun dealing with this right now, so just reloaded.

vinraith

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 02, 2009, 11:37:19 AM
Hmm, well in this case, Jagged Knife took the planets I needed in order to take the juicy planets from other empires.  They took my manufacturing and technology capitals, and every planet with a spaceport except for one.   :lol:

The other empires were in worse shape, but it didn't seem like fun dealing with this right now, so just reloaded.

If you want to avoid massively unbalancing mega-events while you're relearning the game, they can be turned off in the game set up. They're really intended for people that have been playing the game for awhile and want the universe to throw a curve ball at them now and again to keep things from getting stale.

DisturbedPervert

Ahh...I think I'll turn the mega events off for the next game then.  They should be fun in the future, but I was completely unprepared for it this time.  Gonna turn the difficulty up as well, was too easy this time, aside from the random mega event. 

Also, last time I played I was basically a Space Locust, expanding as fast as possible, this game it nearly bankrupted me. 

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

vinraith

Left 4 Dead and Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (it's Ghost Recon in WW2, love it).

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 27, 2009, 02:30:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2009, 05:16:43 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 25, 2009, 06:01:40 PM
Fuck, now Matrix is having a 35% sale on some of their civil war games.

And I bought War between the States for 32. Silly me for purchasing a Matrix game.

Bleh.

Okay, I gave it a bit more time, and I have upgraded the game to: mediocre

It handles cavalry better than AGEOD's game. No more Texas ranger spam.

And I'm done with that one. When the AI Confederacy can assemble 120,000 men for a single battle in Virginia while maintaining large forces in the west, I'm done.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2009, 08:54:50 AM
:console: moddable?

I'm not even going to bother.

Plus as the Union, I ran out of replacement brigades in 1863. Yeah, right.

PDH

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2009, 08:53:42 AM
And I'm done with that one. When the AI Confederacy can assemble 120,000 men for a single battle in Virginia while maintaining large forces in the west, I'm done.
It was as if thousands of Confederate fanbois cried out in ecstasy out and were silent at once.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on May 08, 2009, 09:04:44 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 08, 2009, 08:53:42 AM
It was as if thousands of Confederate fanbois cried out in ecstasy out and were silent at once.

Even more hilariously, it had nearly 50 heavy artillery units in 1863. So when I assault a Rebel position, I'm facing 200+ guns.

FunkMonk

Haven't played TF2 in ages but I got some time in last night. Still rocks. Stabbing four people in a row to death with a broken glass jug is just superior action than anything else in the first person multiplayer arena.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.