big GOP masturbatory thread over Hillary's testimony today

Started by mongers, January 23, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 07:32:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:21:36 PM
Wasn't going to say anything about it here but since you brought it up--

Best parts were Rand Paul and John McCain ripping her. She did a poor job of defending herself, but who would in that position. Hearing Hillary say "I don't recall" takes me back to the 90s :)

You are easily impressed by pointless grandstanding.  What exactly did they prove?  What sort of terrible malfeasance did they uncover?

Right, Raz.  "Move along, nothing to see here..."

Ambassador and 3 others were killed by terrorists.  Worth exploring why it happened, who is responsible for the negligence, how it could have been prevented, and why the administration seemed to mislead the public as to the cause.  If this were a GOP administration I would have to think you would want the SoS to be called to account. 

I will say that she did score some points with me by throwing Susan Rice under the bus :D

Why does there have to be negligence involved in this particular terrorist attack?

EDITED TO AVOID SILLY ARGUMENTS.

Razgovory

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 07:32:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:21:36 PM
Wasn't going to say anything about it here but since you brought it up--

Best parts were Rand Paul and John McCain ripping her. She did a poor job of defending herself, but who would in that position. Hearing Hillary say "I don't recall" takes me back to the 90s :)

You are easily impressed by pointless grandstanding.  What exactly did they prove?  What sort of terrible malfeasance did they uncover?

Right, Raz.  "Move along, nothing to see here..."

Ambassador and 3 others were killed by terrorists.  Worth exploring why it happened, who is responsible for the negligence, how it could have been prevented, and why the administration seemed to mislead the public as to the cause.  If this were a GOP administration I would have to think you would want the SoS to be called to account. 

I will say that she did score some points with me by throwing Susan Rice under the bus :D

Yeah, so again, what exactly did those two prove today?  I saw grandstanding intended to pander to well, you.  It is worth seeing why it happened, but that's not what Republicans were looking for, is it?  No, this was effort to look for someone to punish and blame and look good in front of the cameras.  I also saw that many of the Republicans were rather ignorant of whole situation, assuming she had a live feed (which she did not), unaware of the volume of documents that sent to the State Department, and one hapless Senator seemed to be under the impression that jets flying out of Italy could be used to for some kind of "non-lethal" measures to protect the Ambassador.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Only thing better would've been dragging her behind the pick-up truck, right?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:32:35 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 23, 2013, 07:30:01 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 23, 2013, 07:23:22 PM
Those are 2 pretty good people to be ripping into you if you want to prove your credibility on any issue these days.
McCain cannot be compared in anyway to that wackjob.

What problem do you have with Paul, Tim?

Well the opposition to the Civil Rights bill of 1964 for one thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on January 23, 2013, 07:49:04 PM
Why does there have to be negligence involved in this particular terrorist attack?

Seems pretty obvious to me.  Ambassador Stevens had expressed concerns about security prior to the attacks.  He had requested additional security.  He ended up getting hit on the 10th anniversary of 9/11/02 (when I would think you'd beef up security by default) and had just two guys to protect him at the time.  Seems like there was negligence somewhere on someone's part.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 07:56:15 PM
Those are 2 pretty good people to be ripping into you if you want to prove your credibility on any issue these days.

Why are we worried about the opinion of a 1 year old on Civil Rights?

CountDeMoney

derspiess likes the fact that Paul attaches "Personhood Amendments" to his electric and phone bills.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2013, 07:55:15 PM

Over the top there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Surprised you didn't make a "back of the bus" crack.  But yeah, go ahead & try to mask your own racism by throwing around baseless accusations against others.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

ARE YOU TIM?

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:57:28 PM

Seems pretty obvious to me.  Ambassador Stevens had expressed concerns about security prior to the attacks.  He had requested additional security.  He ended up getting hit on the 10th anniversary of 9/11/02 (when I would think you'd beef up security by default) and had just two guys to protect him at the time.  Seems like there was negligence somewhere on someone's part.

OK that seems fair.

I really don't know much about the back story of Bengazi-gate.

Razgovory

Well if it seems obvious to you, I suppose that you are the one negligent.  You didn't warn the correct authorities.

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:59:04 PM

ARE YOU TIM?

Over the top there.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:58:29 PM

Surprised you didn't make a "back of the bus" crack.  But yeah, go ahead & try to mask your own racism by throwing around baseless accusations against others.

I'm not the one with a hard-on for professional black women.

That would be Ideologue.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 08:01:00 PM

Well if it seems obvious to you, I suppose that you are the one negligent.  You didn't warn the correct authorities.

You forget your meds today?