15,000 crocodiles escape from South Africa farm

Started by jimmy olsen, January 25, 2013, 07:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Not what one hopes to read in the local newspaper. Wouldn't want to be one of the locals right now.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/24/16679286-15000-crocodiles-escape-from-south-africa-farm?lite

Quote15,000 crocodiles escape from South Africa farm

By Peroshni Govender, Reuters

JOHANNESBURG -- Some 15,000 crocodiles escaped from a South African reptile farm during a flood this week and about half of them are still on the loose in and around one of southern Africa's biggest rivers, a newspaper reported on Thursday.

"There used to be only a few crocodiles in the Limpopo River. Now there are a lot," Zane Langman, whose in-laws own the farm in the northern part of the country told Beeld newspaper.

Langman said only half the escaped crocodiles from the Rakwena Crocodile Farm close to the Botswana border had been recaptured, the report said.

Langman added that farm gates were opened out of fear the rushing flood water would crush the crocodiles.

Officials from the farm were not immediately available for comment.

One crocodile apparently from the farm was captured about 75 miles away at a school rugby field, it said.

The heavy rains and flooding have claimed at least 20 lives in Mozambique and South Africa and led to the evacuations of thousands of people.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

QuoteWhat want to be one of the locals right now

que?

Phillip V

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

C.C.R.

When Life hands you crocodiles, make crocodile boots... :)

lustindarkness

The Gater Boys from Animal Planet would have a field day capturing all those by hand. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Darth Wagtaros

If the Crock Hunter were still alive this wouldn't be an issue.
PDH!