big GOP masturbatory thread over Hillary's testimony today

Started by mongers, January 23, 2013, 06:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

So, should she or Obama be hung from the yard arm or just keelhauled ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

First Vince Foster, now a US ambassador.  When will the reign of terror of America's most notorious serial killer be put to an end?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 23, 2013, 06:49:09 PM
First Vince Foster, now a US ambassador.  When will the reign of terror of America's most notorious serial killer be put to an end?
That literally made me Lol.   :lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Wasn't going to say anything about it here but since you brought it up--

Best parts were Rand Paul and John McCain ripping her. She did a poor job of defending herself, but who would in that position. Hearing Hillary say "I don't recall" takes me back to the 90s :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Those are 2 pretty good people to be ripping into you if you want to prove your credibility on any issue these days.

derspiess

Quote from: sbr on January 23, 2013, 07:23:22 PM
Those are 2 pretty good people to be ripping into you if you want to prove your credibility on any issue these days.

Only to lefties :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

McCain cannot be compared in anyway to that wackjob.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 23, 2013, 07:30:01 PM

What problem do you have with Paul, Tim?

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:21:36 PM

Best parts were Rand Paul and John McCain ripping her. She did a poor job of defending herself, but who would in that position. Hearing Hillary say "I don't recall" takes me back to the 90s :)

You are easily impressed by pointless grandstanding.  What exactly did they prove?  What sort of terrible malfeasance did they uncover?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

McCain is staring to become a crazy in addition to bitter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Something appears to have snapped in him recently, he is sliding off the deep end.

That or he just doesn't care anymore, either way he is closer to wackjob than the guy that ever ran for President.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 07:32:55 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:21:36 PM

You are easily impressed by pointless grandstanding.  What exactly did they prove?  What sort of terrible malfeasance did they uncover?

Right, Raz.  "Move along, nothing to see here..."

Ambassador and 3 others were killed by terrorists.  Worth exploring why it happened, who is responsible for the negligence, how it could have been prevented, and why the administration seemed to mislead the public as to the cause.  If this were a GOP administration I would have to think you would want the SoS to be called to account. 

I will say that she did score some points with me by throwing Susan Rice under the bus :D

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 23, 2013, 07:33:44 PM

McCain is staring to become a crazy in addition to bitter.

Ah, not maverickey enough for you guys these days?  :lol:

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on January 23, 2013, 07:28:54 PM

Only to lefties :)
No, only to righties.  Lefties cannot prove their credibility by ripping into right-wing nutjobs, only the righties can prove their credibility by denouncing those two.