News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question about WoW: MoP

Started by Martinus, January 20, 2013, 05:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I have been thinking about WoW recently - I like GW2, but it has a smaller player base and I miss the social aspect of WoW (mainly, an active guild). But I am wondering if WoW does not feel as too old and clunky after GW2 - I looked at some MoP screenshots and while they are "pretty", this graphics just looks dated; more over, after GW2, I don't know if I can go back to rotations, mana and the old style of playing that was changed so much in GW2.

Since I would probably need to dedicate about 48 hours to redownload everything with my connection speed (not to mention, pony up some cash for MoP itself), I want to ask people who play/played MoP - is it worth it? Especially would like to hear from people who played GW2 for a while and either went back to WoW or tried going back to WoW and did not like it anymore.

Thanks. :)

The Brain

Jesus Christ. Is your internet connection snail-mailed floppy disks?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: The Brain on January 20, 2013, 05:33:01 AM

I live in an old building which is mainly inhabited by old people so people here are not interested in getting a new fast broadband line installed and the best the installed phone line is capable of getting is 1 Mbs (despite the ISP is capable of providing 60 Mbs or more).

I can't wait to move to my new flat in a couple of months.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

I really like MoP, but I've never played GW2.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on January 20, 2013, 05:33:01 AM

Leftover field cable from the war.  Probably still has to spend 10 minutes to crank the hand crank.

Martinus

Woohoo one on topic reply out of seven!

Caliga

Mart, the new feature called 'scenarios' is pretty cool.  Basically, it's an instance (which you can queue for) group of three players and classes don't matter.  For example my main is a tauren priest and I typically queue specced shadow for those.  They're also much shorter so great for people like me who can't always play WoW uninterrupted for hours at a time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Solmyr

I played through the new area once. Then there was nothing else to do except dailies and raiding, and I lost interest again.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on January 20, 2013, 09:55:07 AM
Woohoo one on topic reply out of seven!

Cause everybody quit playing WoW.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Martinus

I went and finally cancelled my WoW subscription (forgot to do it in October when my annual pass ran out). End of an era.  :(