News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Jaron on April 14, 2010, 02:26:19 PM
Damn it, someone wake up and help me fight off Agelastus.

Send me tech or something.

If we ever play this again we need a house rule of no attacking AIs or something. It just upsets the game too much. An even better rule would be not to commit to the game if you aren't going to play.  :glare:

I've only attacked one AI player deliberately (STA-Tamas flipped to AI control as my ships were already en-route.) Besides, what if it ends up with the AI player sitting square between 2 players going for a win? It could happen if it came down to a three way fight and then one player disappeared.

And anyway, you can relax Jaron. I have no intention of destroying Jaronesia. I only need 5 of your stars after all.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Jaron

I'm going to make you kill a million Jaronesians for each star.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

Damn it, someone wake up and help me fight off Agelastus.

My fleets are on their way!!!

Agelastus

Quote from: Jaron on April 14, 2010, 02:43:54 PM
I'm going to make you kill a million Jaronesians for each star.

Unfortunately, since I have 4 times your industry and twice your weapons capacity, this threat fazes me a lot less than you might think.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Jaron

Our mighty forces will send you running back to your own stars like the weak little girl you are. My flagship, the Jaronesian destroyer, "grumbler's wrath" will spearhead your demise!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

DisturbedPervert

Send me tech or something.

I'll send you speed tech in exchange for 300 gold

Agelastus

Quote from: Jaron on April 14, 2010, 02:56:57 PM
Our mighty forces will send you running back to your own stars like the weak little girl you are. My flagship, the Jaronesian destroyer, "grumbler's wrath" will spearhead your demise!

Well, that's scarier...but not a lot... :P
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

And with the fall of Jaron's capital, victory!!!

I would like to thank Berkut and Grumbler, without whom my victory would not have been possible. I would also like to thank Tyche, the goddess of luck, for her efforts on my behalf.

Results:
(1) Agelastus
(2) Berkut
(3) Grumbler
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

grumbler

I think this game has potential, but the speed of play makes it unsuitable as a web game for people who don't have constant access to a computer.  One doesn't need to act all that often, but one must check in frequently so surprises are less common.  I lost most of my initial carriers because I didn't check in often enough to evacuate them from systems I was going to lose.

Tech transfer also seems too easy.  It might make for a better game to ban it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

Quote from: grumbler on April 15, 2010, 06:30:01 AM
I think this game has potential, but the speed of play makes it unsuitable as a web game for people who don't have constant access to a computer.  One doesn't need to act all that often, but one must check in frequently so surprises are less common.  I lost most of my initial carriers because I didn't check in often enough to evacuate them from systems I was going to lose.

Tech transfer also seems too easy.  It might make for a better game to ban it.

Yes, as I said earlier, there have been periods I've been checking the game every 10 or 20 minutes (for example, during the opening phases of the war with DisturbedPervert from this game.) That's too often for a web game of this type, in my opinion.

I'm not sure I agree with you about tech transfer. Perhaps it should be made more costly, but establishing a viable long term tech sharing alliance is a key part of the diplomacy aspect of this game. As this game has proven.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

grumbler

[quoteI'm not sure I agree with you about tech transfer. Perhaps it should be made more costly, but establishing a viable long term tech sharing alliance is a key part of the diplomacy aspect of this game. As this game has proven. [/quote]
I agree that it is the basis for diplomacy.  My point is that it should not be.  It gives alliances too much significance/weight, especially early in the game.

Banning it isn't the only possible solution, but would be better than a failed attempt to "balance" tech transfer.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Agelastus

And it seems no-one got my "Shirley" reference from a few pages back... :(
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

fhdz

So: there's a sequel to this game now.

Anybody up for it?

http://triton.ironhelmet.com/#landing
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Agelastus

If I could get the page to load properly I'd let you know...
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be