News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neptune's Pride

Started by FunkMonk, March 11, 2010, 11:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jaron on April 03, 2010, 03:34:08 PM
This wouldnt have happened if Habbaku had taken my suggestion of focusing on you instead of his suicidal invasion of my empire.

The two of you uniting to attack me was what I was most afraid of.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jaron

Was Furud not the most sexy planet you've ever seen?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Jaron on April 03, 2010, 03:42:32 PM
Was Furud not the most sexy planet you've ever seen?
23 industry is very tasty.  :lol:

But was it you who started a war with Habbaku or the other way around? I remember a green planet turning blue and figured that you attacked him first.

Agelastus

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 03, 2010, 03:47:21 PM
23 industry is very tasty.  :lol:

HomeHive 1 I see...I knew I didn't like Jaronians.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

szmik

Quote from: Agelastus on April 03, 2010, 02:42:20 PM
Quote from: szmik on April 03, 2010, 02:28:29 PM
Quote from: Agelastus on April 03, 2010, 02:25:17 PM
Congratulations, Berkut. Well played.
I'd say others played poorly, excluding you  :rolleyes: ...or they were just too tired of the game  to fight Berkut.

You are delusional.

Assuming, that is, that the "rolleyes" means you think I am arrogant enough to think that I played well in a game I was crushed in.

Wrong assumption. Rolling eyes were at those who didn't put up any fight.

QuoteAnd as for Funkmonk, with a truce with Berkut he was guaranteed second place. Since the top three get something and the rest get "nada", I guess that makes sense rather than taking the risk of fighting the clear leader.
Was it really worth to give him win on the plate?  :hmm: Meh

Congratulations to Berkut for efficient diplomacy.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Agelastus

Quote from: szmik on April 03, 2010, 04:49:09 PM
Wrong assumption. Rolling eyes were at those who didn't put up any fight.

Sorry.  :hug:

I can't understand people who "ragequit" a game. You have to take the "downs" with the "ups", and given the number of players in online games of this type, statistically you are likely to have more "downs" than "ups".

What I don't like is that LaCroix, who barely stayed a day, gets exactly the same result of "completed game" that I do. :( :mad:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

FunkMonk

I am by nature a cautious dictator. Starting a war with Berkut while I still had Jaron and Habbaku loose at the other end of my empire didn't strike me as prudent. I figured that Berkut would have his hands full with you and GF, and potentially ulmont. I miscalculated.  :P

Habbaku

Thanks to Beeb and LaCroix for signing up and not playing.  You morons are invited to the next Languish Diplomacy game.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

Also I blame Fireblades wreckless warmongering :angry:

Berkut

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 03, 2010, 05:21:27 PM

I am by nature a cautious dictator. Starting a war with Berkut while I still had Jaron and Habbaku loose at the other end of my empire didn't strike me as prudent. I figured that Berkut would have his hands full with you and GF, and potentially ulmont. I miscalculated.  :P

The only concern I had at that point was you coming after me. I would have actually given up a bunch to secure a truce with you, and was very pleased you agreed to one on terms that I could be somewhat certain were hard to break without notice.

I knew ulmont would not stab me just because I've played a lot of games with him, and had a pretty good idea he would not go back on his word. However, I really thought you were going to especially once szmik wisely went defensive and I was forced to just start burning down his planets with attritional warfare. I lost a HUGE number of ships (like in the neighborhood of 2000 or more) taking down the stars I needed from him for the win, and I figured once you had about a 800 or so numbers advantage you would strike.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on April 03, 2010, 06:57:09 PM
The only concern I had at that point was you coming after me. I would have actually given up a bunch to secure a truce with you, and was very pleased you agreed to one on terms that I could be somewhat certain were hard to break without notice.

I knew ulmont would not stab me just because I've played a lot of games with him, and had a pretty good idea he would not go back on his word. However, I really thought you were going to especially once szmik wisely went defensive and I was forced to just start burning down his planets with attritional warfare. I lost a HUGE number of ships (like in the neighborhood of 2000 or more) taking down the stars I needed from him for the win, and I figured once you had about a 800 or so numbers advantage you would strike.

I could have lengthened the game indefinitely had I attacked you after I destroyed Jaron's fleet. I must admit there came a point where fatigue set in on my part. I spent the majority of the game trying to finish off Habbaku (who I considered the greatest threat to my position early on) and then Jaron. When you moved in on the planets I took from Toni I figured you would do either one of two things: 1) Halt at the old natural border or 2) Roll into my colonies. That you chose 1 relieved a good bit of pressure off me because I was certain Jaron would attack me if you had invaded further. That you didn't enabled me to secure my flank. Unfortunately for me, that was too late.

Agelastus

Hey, anyone know if Funkmonk is OK? He's just been put under AI admin in Universe 2, and he's one of the last people I would expect to let that happen. :huh:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

And now Fireblade's gone under AI admin as well. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Jaron

I don't know about Funkmonk, but Fireblade is bored of the game (aka he is no longer winning)

I log in, spend my money and move ships around but the participation level of the game seems low. I think the game is not as active diplomatically as I'd like.

DisturbedPervert

I'd thought Fireblade was inactive since before Tamas got invaded