News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Question about WoW: MoP

Started by Martinus, January 20, 2013, 05:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I picked it up, started a gnome monk. Noticed several people from other servers in the newbie zone.   :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 24, 2013, 02:47:35 AM
I picked it up, started a gnome monk. Noticed several people from other servers in the newbie zone.   :hmm:

I've actually wanted to try this. Apparently, they're merging servers ad-hoc when there's not enough players in the starting zone. A good idea, but as I recall they've removed all the group quests anyhow. :hmm:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jaron

I think as a player in an mmo it is disheartening when you're playing in some zone all by yourself. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Sophie Scholl

Yep.  CRZ's (Cross Realm Zones) were added a few patches ago.  I enjoy it, because as Jaron said it's odd being all alone in a zone.  They tend to group servers together by type, so pvp, pve, rp-pvp, and rp servers are together.  They've increased mob and resource spawn times to compensate for the busier populations in zones, so it isn't costing people time.  They do have some group quests still in the game while doing the usual pve leveling, though not as many as there used to be.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jaron

Is Burning Crusade still full of them?

I think WOTLK had some too.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Jaron

Sorry, I was referring to group quests.

If my memory serves, when I last played most players are so overgeared from dungeons and especially heirloom equipment that they can power through most of those quests. Perhaps not some of the 5 mans, like that Gronn in Nagrand (the son of Gruul, I can't remember his name)

Eddie Teach

I wish they'd stop completely overhauling the talent system each expansion. A bit daunting relearning all that stuff on a level 85 character.

Jaron

With all the simplification, it's not too much to learn, is it?

They almost have to redo the talents each xpac to keep the feeling of character development fresh. It was fairly static from Vanilla to WOTLK, other than the streamlining of talents to make more sense. Cataclysm redid talents and added mastery. Panda raped the talent system and turned it into something more about character customization and play style. I have no doubts some talents still factor into a minmax build, but talents don't carry the weight they used to.

Solmyr

BC group quests have all been soloified, I believe.

Eddie Teach

I like a lot of the new quests. The training montage and kicking the emo panda back to his village I did tonight were particularly funny.  :D

KRonn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 25, 2013, 02:07:12 AM
I wish they'd stop completely overhauling the talent system each expansion. A bit daunting relearning all that stuff on a level 85 character.

That also took me a bit by surprise at first, but I got used to it quickly and like how they've done things. Made a lot more class abilities standard and the talents are used to add a few touches. The glyphs can add to the character nicely too.

Eddie Teach

The glyphs used to be stronger I believe.

Amount of cc available is way overkill IMO.

Strix

Any talk of merging servers yet?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Strix on March 04, 2013, 10:03:14 PM
Any talk of merging servers yet?
I believe their CRZ policy is their own answer to low population servers and not showing weakness by merging servers.