You and new music (poll mainly for middle aged and older people)

Started by Martinus, January 12, 2013, 03:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes you?

I like listening to new music, both in terms of new artists and new albums of more established artists
19 (59.4%)
I listen to new albums made by more established artists I am familiar with, but do not really listen to new artists
4 (12.5%)
I listen to older songs (e.g. from your "youth") mainly or exclusively
7 (21.9%)
I don't actively buy/listen to music
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Martinus

As the thread title says this is mainly for "older" people (30 and up) - I wonder how many of us are mainly stuck on artists and/or songs we grew to like in our teens/twenties and how many of us enjoy the newer music.

Eddie Teach

I think a lot of 30-somethings will be slightly miffed at being referred to as "middle aged".  :P

I enjoy a lot of newer music, but nothing beats the nostalgiac mid-90s tracks.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

I keep an ear open for what the kids are listening to as far as alternative and rock.

Except Rap or Hip Hop, don't know anything about it.  Don't wanna know.

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2013, 12:11:54 PM
I keep an ear open for what the kids are listening to as far as alternative and rock.

Then how can you understand your people?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

garbon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 12, 2013, 12:14:52 PM

Like I said.  Don't wanna know.

If I want hypnotic jungle rhythms and tribal fertility dances all up in dat bootay and whatnot, I'll watch National Geographic.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 12, 2013, 12:17:50 PM

Like I said.  Don't wanna know.

If I want hypnotic jungle rhythms and tribal fertility dances all up in dat bootay and whatnot, I'll watch National Geographic.

Actually that's large about her shaming a guy and getting a girl to eat her out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I don't care if it's about property and casualty insurance lines, like I need close ups of lip smacking.  It's offensive.

garbon

CountDeMoney

:P  Don't worry, I'd ban Deth/Speed Metal too.  SHITGOAT? SHITCANNED

merithyn

Well then. She has a pretty voice - too pretty for that song.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

On a different note, Marti's favorite news source highlighted that she's seen an increase in sales of her EP since calling Perez Hilton a faggot. I finally bought her EP this week so I guess I'm part of that alarming trend! :D

http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainment/music/2013/01/11/azealia-banks-sees-sales-rise-wake-f-word-controversy
QuoteBisexual rapper Azealia Banks's feud with fellow performer Angel Haze and gay blogger Perez Hilton, who Banks called "a messy faggot" on Twitter, hasn't hurt her music sales.

Banks's EP 1991 posted an 18% gain in sales last week, with nearly 1,000 copies sold, Billboard reports. Her single "212" was downloaded 3,000 times in the same period, a 3% gain over the previous week. Haze also saw a rise in sales, but all her titles combined sold less than 1,000 copies.

Banks backtracked on her use of the slur toward Hilton, but that didn't satisfy some observers, including GLAAD and gay Scissor Sisters front man Jake Shears.