You and new music (poll mainly for middle aged and older people)

Started by Martinus, January 12, 2013, 03:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes you?

I like listening to new music, both in terms of new artists and new albums of more established artists
19 (59.4%)
I listen to new albums made by more established artists I am familiar with, but do not really listen to new artists
4 (12.5%)
I listen to older songs (e.g. from your "youth") mainly or exclusively
7 (21.9%)
I don't actively buy/listen to music
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

garbon

:lol:

I'd say though the answer is clear - you don't keep up with modern music. :D

garbon

Also, Seeds, you'd be upset if you image searched Jake Shears as one of the first ones show him showing off his pubes.

CountDeMoney

Sam Cooke, Wilson Pickett, Jackie Wilson or Aretha never had to show their pubes.   :mad:

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Yeah, can't really answer the question. Though I'm in my 40s and set in my ways, and like a lot of the 70s stuff, I'm fairly open minded and do buy new music from new bands from time to time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

dps

Quote from: Neil on January 12, 2013, 02:11:10 PM
Modern music is usually quite bad, so I avoid it.

Older music is usually pretty bad, too.  Sturgeon's Law and all.  But if you just avoid it all because most of it is crap, you miss out on the good stuff, too.

ulmont

I try to find new music through pandora or the morning radio jaunt, but it's kind of hit or miss.

Josquius

I've nothing against new music in principle. Trouble is there isn't much out there that's even half as good as the music of 10 years ago. Not to mention earlier.

Most old people I know are perfectly willing to discover and enjoy new music. Albeit normally crap new stuff.
██████
██████
██████

KRonn

I'm well over 30 and up, and I like a mix of new music and old. I tend to listen to the newer stuff,  and tend to prefer it over older stuff.

Valmy

Albums? :unsure:

Anyway yeah I listen to new stuff, it is what pops up in Pandora and on the radio.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."