You and new music (poll mainly for middle aged and older people)

Started by Martinus, January 12, 2013, 03:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes you?

I like listening to new music, both in terms of new artists and new albums of more established artists
19 (59.4%)
I listen to new albums made by more established artists I am familiar with, but do not really listen to new artists
4 (12.5%)
I listen to older songs (e.g. from your "youth") mainly or exclusively
7 (21.9%)
I don't actively buy/listen to music
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on January 13, 2013, 04:25:48 AM
I think everyone in this thread should listen to Ke$ha's new album, Warrior.

:D

Most representative of the state of current music.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Unfortunately, the nature of my job means I need to have at least a cursory knowledge of new artists and artists I generally don't go for (re: any country artist that's emerged in the last 25 years).

However, I've kept an iron-fisted grip on the CD player while we're free of the promo loops corporate sends us... I've noticed that we've all tended towards old-school kinds of music (Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, some Fleetwood Mac)... aside from the obligatory One Direction CD ( :bleeding: ), the newest thing that's been in the rotation is a Smashing Pumpkins CD.
Experience bij!