35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 10:41:44 AM
Reading this makes me want to pick up my French lessons again.  :blush: :cool:
Relax.  In French "hommes" means people, Mart, not homos. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on January 18, 2013, 03:57:29 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 10:41:44 AM
Reading this makes me want to pick up my French lessons again.  :blush: :cool:
Relax.  In French "hommes" means people, Mart, not homos. :)

:rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on January 18, 2013, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 07:58:47 PM
There's no dishonor in a French War Boner, man.

:yes:

The French are like the High Elves/Eldar army in Warhammer. :nerd:

Really?

Do High Elves bathe?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

A cool name to say with an Elvish accent is Ashton Kutcher.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Phillip V

Iormlund

Quote from: The Brain on January 18, 2013, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 07:58:47 PM
There's no dishonor in a French War Boner, man.

:yes:

The French are like the High Elves/Eldar army in Warhammer. :nerd:

Really?

All the cheese, I guess.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 10:38:57 AM
Don't know why, but whenever the French are invading something in Africa, it makes me positively giddy.

Allons enfants de la patrie!  :frog:

Awww.  Euro-Nationalism.  How quaint!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Hey Derspeiss, what's the deal with the anti-French thing?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2013, 09:57:57 PM

Dunno.  Aren't most people like that?  Anyway I'm not really as anti-French as you might think. I was very much pro-French during the Sarko era.  And I still wish the best for them, despite the fact that they'd just as soon watch the entire US go up in flames.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2013, 09:57:57 PM

Goes back to them skeeving in on derspiess' fur trade.

Phillip V

Jihadists’ Surge in North Africa Reveals Grim Side of Arab Spring

As the uprising closed in around him, the Libyan dictator Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi warned that if he fell, chaos and holy war would overtake North Africa. “Bin Laden’s people would come to impose ransoms by land and sea,” he told reporters. “We will go back to the time of Redbeard, of pirates, of Ottomans imposing ransoms on boats.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/20/world/africa/in-chaos-in-north-africa-a-grim-side-of-arab-spring.html
QuoteIn recent days, that unhinged prophecy has acquired a grim new currency. In Mali, French paratroopers arrived this month to battle an advancing force of jihadi fighters who already control an area twice the size of Germany. In Algeria, a one-eyed Islamist bandit organized the brazen takeover of an international gas facility, taking hostages that included more than 40 Americans and Europeans.

Coming just four months after an American ambassador was killed by jihadists in Libya, those assaults have contributed to a sense that North Africa — long a dormant backwater for Al Qaeda — is turning into another zone of dangerous instability, much like Syria, site of an increasingly bloody civil war. The mayhem in this vast desert region has many roots, but it is also a sobering reminder that the euphoric toppling of dictators in Libya, Tunisia and Egypt has come at a price.

CountDeMoney

Well, duh. The Arab Spring wasn't just Spring for students, it was Springtime for assholes, too.  That's what happens when you open all the monkey cages.

Can't wait for McCain and Graham to hang this one on Obama and his coterie of hated minority females as well.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.