Good or Bad?

Good
35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Viking

<humming>Springtime for 'sama and Caliphate. Winter for Israel and 'states. </humming>
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on January 19, 2013, 11:10:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 19, 2013, 09:57:57 PM
Hey Derspeiss, what's the deal with the anti-French thing?

Dunno.  Aren't most people like that?  Anyway I'm not really as anti-French as you might think. I was very much pro-French during the Sarko era.  And I still wish the best for them, despite the fact that they'd just as soon watch the entire US go up in flames.

So it's dependent on them having a conservative as a President?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

So kinda like the huge bump America got when it elected Obama.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

And I still wish the best for them, despite the fact that they'd just as soon watch the entire US go up in flames.

Well...no more than any other European country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on January 20, 2013, 11:23:16 AM
<humming>Springtime for 'sama and Caliphate. Winter for Israel and 'states. </humming>

You know Osama is dead right?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on January 20, 2013, 02:27:18 PM

Dunno.  Aren't most people like that?  Anyway I'm not really as anti-French as you might think. I was very much pro-French during the Sarko era.  And I still wish the best for them, despite the fact that they'd just as soon watch the entire US go up in flames.

So it's dependent on them having a conservative as a President?

No (and Sarko was pretty moderate btw)-- just someone who doesn't do the anti-American thing to score cheap political points.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on January 21, 2013, 03:58:24 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 20, 2013, 11:23:16 AM

You know Osama is dead right?

He's in paradise with the 72 mothers in law
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 19, 2013, 11:24:55 PM

Goes back to them skeeving in on derspiess' fur trade.
I'm telling you people, it's that piece of shit de Gaulle's fault.  Back in the day Amerikkka loved France.  Remember how they helped us push Britain's shit in during the Revolution?  We used to be pretty damn grateful for that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on January 21, 2013, 12:38:41 PM

I'm telling you people, it's that piece of shit de Gaulle's fault.  Back in the day Amerikkka loved France.  Remember how they helped us push Britain's shit in during the Revolution?  We used to be pretty damn grateful for that.

Being anti-french has a long and glorious history in this country. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Meh, that was a short-ass honeymoon.  French-hate can be traced as far as back as the Jeffersonian-Hamiltonian split over the French Revolution, Genet pissing off George Washington, and even further back to the Seven Years' War on the North American continent.

DeGaulle gets the rap because it's still chic to do so amongst red state mouthbreathers.  Not without some merit, but it's also a rather dated reason.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on January 21, 2013, 12:38:41 PMI'm telling you people, it's that piece of shit de Gaulle's fault.  Back in the day Amerikkka loved France.  Remember how they helped us push Britain's shit in during the Revolution?  We used to be pretty damn grateful for that.
Roosevelt's fondness for French fascists didn't help <_<

De Gaulle's magnificent. Americans moan about Europe not wanting to pull their weight in the world and then bitch about the one country that does :P
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2013, 12:52:26 PM
Americans moan about Europe not wanting to pull their weight in the world and then bitch about the one country that does :P

No shit, right?  Everybody bashed the French for doing their own thing, when they know damned well they'd never tolerate anything less of themselves.

France is the cat that would never consent to be a slave, amongst a continent of pack-mentality dogs.

Sheilbh

I think when America's replaced as a global power they'll be like France. From the outside you're both very similar. Infuriating to the end, but normally, probably, reluctantly right :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 21, 2013, 12:48:10 PM

Meh, that was a short-ass honeymoon.  French-hate can be traced as far as back as the Jeffersonian-Hamiltonian split over the French Revolution, Genet pissing off George Washington, and even further back to the Seven Years' War on the North American continent.

DeGaulle gets the rap because it's still chic to do so amongst red state mouthbreathers.  Not without some merit, but it's also a rather dated reason.

You forgot the undeclared naval war.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 21, 2013, 01:00:08 PM
I think when America's replaced as a global power they'll be like France. From the outside you're both very similar. Infuriating to the end, but normally, probably, reluctantly right :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIjIKlpvGT0