Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Phillip V

"This operation will last as long as needed." -François Hollande

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324081704578235222252420976.html

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Crazy_Ivan80

KRonn

Good luck to France in "storming the castle"!  :frog:

Viking

No blood for ... eh.. what does Mali produce?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

No blood for... whatever it is that Mali has.

I could support this if it was the first in a string of re-colonizations by France.  As disastrous as the French colonial regime was for the peoples they ruled, it was still better than them ruling themselves or being ruled by any colonial power other than Britain or the US.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Phillip V

Quote from: Neil on January 11, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

I could support this if it was the first in a string of re-colonizations by France.  As disastrous as the French colonial regime was for the peoples they ruled, it was still better than them ruling themselves or being ruled by any colonial power other than Britain or the US.
President Hollande announced that 100 years later this is the beginning of a new French West Africa.

viper37

Quote from: Viking on January 11, 2013, 02:11:51 PM
No blood for ... eh.. what does Mali produce?
Natural resources: gold, phosphates, kaolin, salt, limestone, uranium, gypsum, granite, hydropower
note: bauxite, iron ore, manganese, tin, and copper deposits are known but not exploited
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

What state is the French army and air force in?
PDH!

Ed Anger

I have a tricolor boner right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on January 11, 2013, 02:18:49 PM

President Hollande announced that 100 years later this is the beginning of a new French West Africa.

That map is so very, very wrong.  Britain must always be red on a map, while France must always be blue. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Plus you only need four colors and the map has eight.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

I'd love to say "Mali bomaye!" but crappy France is still better than any African country.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

Quote from: Barrister on January 11, 2013, 02:43:09 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on January 11, 2013, 02:18:49 PM

That map is so very, very wrong.  Britain must always be red on a map, while France must always be blue. :mad:

It's just a terrible map; I had no idea that the Gambia, Portuguese Guinea, Spanish Guinea and Spanish Morrocco were independent in 1914. I also note that three of the German possessions are in green but the fourth possession, Togo, is in the more normal field gray. :rolleyes:

Surely you could have found a better map, Phillip V?

Edit: Oh, and apparently the Cabinda enclave was independent as well.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

Major world event happens, is reported - what does everyone comment on? The shittiness of the map.

You can tell this board migrated from EUOT.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius