Good or Bad?

Good
35 (89.7%)
Bad
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: January 15, 2013, 01:53:14 PM

Tonitrus

Is it too late to make a "I didn't know Greenpeace had occupied part of Mali!" joke?

CountDeMoney

Yes. Yes it is.  Like 30 years late.

mongers

Did anyone else see the film of the Nigerian army unit celebrating at their farewell ceremony ?

Some what odd, doing press-ups on mass, dancing around with their weapons.

I know at times the Nigerians have been quite effective, but I worry about how controllable they are, once in the combat zone.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Just toss a watermelon towards the enemy and they will be fine.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

That's a Technical Foul on Ed.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on January 17, 2013, 05:27:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on January 17, 2013, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 17, 2013, 05:09:50 PM
US grants request to airlift a Frog Mech Battalion.

Not that I oppose doing so, but we're better friends to them than they deserve sometimes.
Yeah, we're transporting someone else to the front lines to battle our enemy.  How selfless of us.

It's not exactly cheap to do something like that.  I'm sure they are quite grateful.  I hope the French kick the shit out of these guys.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Zoupa

My cousin is being deployed there from the Ivory Coast. Says there are African troops pouring in from every neighbouring country.

And Hollande saying his election would be the end of the Francafrique... The puppets still have their strings attached it seems.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zoupa on January 18, 2013, 12:09:49 AM
And Hollande saying his election would be the end of the Francafrique... The puppets still have their strings attached it seems.

Those who believed Flanby's promises are beyond help.

Martinus

Don't know why, but whenever the French are invading something in Africa, it makes me positively giddy.

Allons enfants de la patrie!  :frog:

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 17, 2013, 07:56:10 PM

Reading this makes me want to pick up my French lessons again.  :blush: :cool:

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 07:58:47 PM
There's no dishonor in a French War Boner, man.

:yes:

The French are like the High Elves/Eldar army in Warhammer. :nerd:

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on January 16, 2013, 02:40:35 PM
Not seeing this mentioned much yet, but apparently al-Q-linked militants took some hostages (including Americans) & killed others in Algeria because of the Mali intervention.
Is that credible? From what I've read the Algeria attack's been described as very well planned - for example they'd spent some time studying the layout of the camp - and international. Isn't it more like opportunistic blaming than an actual response?

QuoteNow should we follow others' examples and blame the French for this, holding mass protests & burning French flags?
:huh:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on January 18, 2013, 10:43:33 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2013, 07:58:47 PM
There's no dishonor in a French War Boner, man.

:yes:

The French are like the High Elves/Eldar army in Warhammer. :nerd:

Really?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 18, 2013, 03:09:13 PM
Is that credible?

Quite a few news sources seem to think so.  But maybe you have access to more reliable news than I do :unsure:

QuoteFrom what I've read the Algeria attack's been described as very well planned - for example they'd spent some time studying the layout of the camp - and international. Isn't it more like opportunistic blaming than an actual response?

I thought the terrorist group in question cited Mali as the reason. 

QuoteNow should we follow others' examples and blame the French for this, holding mass protests & burning French flags?
:huh:

I know South Koreans and possibly others have similarly blamed the US when they had people taken captive and/or murdered in Afghanistan & Iraq.  Not saying that would appropriate for us to do here.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on January 18, 2013, 03:36:21 PM
I thought the terrorist group in question cited Mali as the reason. 
They did. But given that they're an international group (with very few Malians, Libyans and Algerians) and this looks like it's been in planning for some times I wonder if that's more because it's a convenient excuse. If not it's a remarkably rapid response. That's where I'm unsure about the credibility of the claim.
Let's bomb Russia!