And we're back!

Main Menu

Ray Lewis to retire.

Started by Sophie Scholl, January 02, 2013, 04:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on January 03, 2013, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 03, 2013, 05:16:03 PM
Sandusky and Saville did a lot for charity too. Charity does not get you a pass for committing crimes.

Well it is sort of different if the charity is your vehicle to commit said crimes Tim.  Besides I guess I missed when Sandusky was cleared of the allegations against him.
His soup kitchens obviously exist to facilitate his penchant to stab homeless bums, the most vulnerable of us to said crime.  :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2013, 05:48:46 PM
And since we already know he is an admitted liar, why would we accept him at his word?

Maybe because he has also done other things in his life which may give him some cred?  I mean the dude is hardly a spokesperson for a thug life, he works out and does community work.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 03, 2013, 05:57:47 PM
His soup kitchens obviously exist to facilitate his penchant to stab homeless bums, the most vulnerable of us to said crime.  :sleep:

:lol:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on January 03, 2013, 05:59:02 PM
  I mean the dude is hardly a spokesperson for a thug life, he works out and does community work.

?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

Minsky works out at the NYAC, and you don't see him as a spokesperson for the Seinfeld life.

citizen k

HVC

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 03, 2013, 06:05:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 03, 2013, 05:59:02 PM
  I mean the dude is hardly a spokesperson for a thug life, he works out and does community work.

?
healthy body healthy soul? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

Clearly not a spokesperson for thug life.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

Let me clear up this misconception.

I am suspicious of Ray Lewis.  Not people in general.

Well, you've said the same thing about people not being "cleared" many times before.  Not just with Ray Lewis.  It kinda feels creepy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2013, 07:14:02 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

Let me clear up this misconception.

I am suspicious of Ray Lewis.  Not people in general.

Well, you've said the same thing about people not being "cleared" many times before.  Not just with Ray Lewis.  It kinda feels creepy.

Have you been cleared?  :ph34r:

Razgovory

I thought I was, but it may have been a case of not enough evidence to prosecute. :ph34r:  Or maybe the Frat boys did not want to press charges.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on January 03, 2013, 04:36:56 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 03, 2013, 03:22:16 PM
Meh.  You overlook crimes even more serious than murder when it comes to your own heroes, so suck it.
No, I don't.

Funny how obvious you all are with your personal attacks when your Saint Lewis is questioned.
Yes you do.  George Washington, for example.

I like to think that I'm always pretty obvious with my personal attacks.  Isn't that the whole point?

At any rate, even if Ray stabbed them himself (which seems pretty unlikely), the good he's done is worth far more than a couple of human lives, especially the lives of those two.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

You're being paranoid.
All he is saying is that the mere fact that charges aren't brought doesn't prove innocence.  Only that prosecutors elected not to use their discretion to prosecute for one reason or another - typically because they don't think there is sufficient evidence to meet the standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 03, 2013, 08:40:10 PM

You're being paranoid.
All he is saying is that the mere fact that charges aren't brought doesn't prove innocence.  Only that prosecutors elected not to use their discretion to prosecute for one reason or another - typically because they don't think there is sufficient evidence to meet the standard of proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Well that is what I do.  I just get the feeling that Barrister looks at everyone as a potential conviction.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2013, 08:54:07 PM
Well that is what I do.  I just get the feeling that Barrister looks at everyone as a potential conviction.

That's the beautiful thing about the criminal justice system.  You don't have to be "cleared".  You don't have to demonstrate innocence.  You are innocent by presumption.
--Joan Robinson