And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 17 - Almost nobody is trying

Started by Neil, December 30, 2012, 01:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 31, 2012, 02:14:59 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
EDIT:  Norv and AJ Smith both out in San Diego.

Good.  AJ Smith needed to go big time.

They both needed to go 4 years ago.  I have never seen such a waste of talent as those Chargers teams; they were the most talented roster in the league and played in, what, one AFC Championship game?  Disgraceful.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2012, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 31, 2012, 01:50:45 PM
Both GM & HC are gone in Arizona.

Yeah I just saw that and I'm not very happy about it.  Neither Lombardi nor Walsh could have won with the Cardinals' QB situation this year.  Wisenhunt may have "lost the team" but it's got to be hard to show up to work every week knowing there is almost 0% chance of winning.

Not to mention beanie wells being a complete assturd.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 31, 2012, 04:40:16 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2012, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 31, 2012, 01:50:45 PM
Both GM & HC are gone in Arizona.

Yeah I just saw that and I'm not very happy about it.  Neither Lombardi nor Walsh could have won with the Cardinals' QB situation this year.  Wisenhunt may have "lost the team" but it's got to be hard to show up to work every week knowing there is almost 0% chance of winning.

Not to mention beanie wells being a complete assturd.

You can't completely blame him for being soft as a motherfuckin' grape, considering where he went to school.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2012, 02:19:52 PM

They both needed to go 4 years ago.  I have never seen such a waste of talent as those Chargers teams; they were the most talented roster in the league and played in, what, one AFC Championship game?  Disgraceful.

It was the same thing with Norv and Casserly in DC...well except for the talent part.  Norv clearly has some sort of voodoo spell he weaves.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2012, 02:19:52 PM

I dunno;  saw a lot of talent wasted by Buddy Ryan with the Eagles, and Jack Pardee with the early 90s Oilers. 

But yeah, San Diego wasted a lot of talent, and got what it deserved for firing Marty.  MARTYBALL UBER ALLES.*

*Yes, I realize the irony in wasted talent by mentioning Martyball.  Shaddup.

CountDeMoney

And I think the New York Jets fired the wrong guy.  Or, better said, fucked up by keeping the wrong guy.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2013, 01:55:50 PM
And I think the New York Jets fired the wrong guy.  Or, better said, fucked up by keeping the wrong guy.

They should have let them both go. 

Rex can make a pretty convincing argument that he just didn't have the players to compete.  The Jets roster is awful.  That crappy talent did a pretty good job of quitting on Rex though.

Also the GM that traded Tebow will be Executive of the Year.  The GM that traded for Tebow was fired yesterday.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2013, 01:58:16 PM
Rex can make a pretty convincing argument that he just didn't have the players to compete.  The Jets roster is awful.  That crappy talent did a pretty good job of quitting on Rex though.

Thing is, Rex has made pretty convincing arguments that these have been his players, and he's gotten everyone he's asked for, from showing up on Bart Scott's doorstep the day he was hired, to asking for a drafted QB in Mark Sanchez and a bust in Shonn Greene.  It's just as much his bed as it was Tannenbaum's.

QuoteAlso the GM that traded Tebow will be Executive of the Year.  The GM that traded for Tebow was fired yesterday.

True dat.  Talk about a square peg and a round hole.  Knew that was doomed the moment it was announced.

CountDeMoney

Meanwhile, once again after every season, I can exhale.

QuoteRavens assistant general manager Eric DeCosta isn't going anywhere.

Although the AFC North champions indicated a number of teams have contacted them to ask permission to interview DeCosta for general manager vacancies, DeCosta has no intention of seeking employment elsewhere.

DeCosta was given a multi-year, lucrative contract last year to remain in Baltimore when other teams wanted to make him their general manager. Contractually, DeCosta is designated as the Ravens' general manager in waiting behind veteran general manager Ozzie Newsome.

"I love being a part of the Ravens and plan to stay here and help them win championships. I have no intentions of leaving this team."

Admiral Yi

Also the GM that traded Tebow will be Executive of the Year.

Isn't that the same GM who drafted Tebow in the first place?

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2013, 02:33:12 PM
Also the GM that traded Tebow will be Executive of the Year.

Isn't that the same GM who drafted Tebow in the first place?

Not sure, I'll have to check.  I do know that the coach at the time, Josh McDaniels, was the biggest reason they drafted Tebow.

jimmy olsen

Winners bolded

CIN @ HOU
MIN @ GB
IND @ BAL
SEA @ WSH

BAL @ NE
CIN @ DEN
GB @ SF
SEA @ ATL

CIN @ NE
SEA @ SF

NE vs. SF
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2013, 01:55:50 PM
They both should have gone.  You can argue that Rex has way to much sway over GM-type decisions, but ultimately the GM's job is to stock the cupboard.  When the cupboard is bare at just about every position, the GM takes the rap.  Even when Rex got the Sanchez he wanted and Woody got the Tebow he wanted, there's no excuse at wideout, or the line.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.