Main Menu

NFL Week 17 - Almost nobody is trying

Started by Neil, December 30, 2012, 01:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 31, 2012, 01:17:24 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2012, 09:00:57 PM
all that anti-stadium stuff

A mile is not all that far to walk...and besides that, surely the fine citizens of our nations capitol, and their fans, would be welcoming to a foreign missionary in trappings of Seahawks silver & blue.

Have fun.  All the mouthbreathers from Virginia should be five sheets by then.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2012, 12:31:54 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 30, 2012, 11:37:23 PM
Looks like I'm rooting for Vikings and Foreskins!

:hug:

CdM's bitterness is almost as sweet as cowgirl tears :yeah:

There's no need to bust on Kosar, pigfucker.  I won't tolerate that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on December 31, 2012, 02:40:26 AM
Just FYI it was Zombie Jack Kent Cooke who moved the Skins to Landover.  Crazy Dan inherited the place when he bought the team, and the fact the club owns it is why the Skins are worth so much.

Fuck that dead pigfucker, too.  Fucker.

Grey Fox

Is any one surprise by the fact that Peyton got the Broncos to the 1st seed?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

And with news the brownies are cleaning house, the inevitable TRESSEL4BROWNS jibber jabber has started.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 31, 2012, 08:47:22 AM

Peyton won for years with a JV team in Indy.  I was more surprised at his bad start to the season.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2012, 09:57:11 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on December 31, 2012, 08:47:22 AM

Peyton won for years with a JV team in Indy.  I was more surprised at his bad start to the season.
Hey now.  Harrison and Wayne are both top-shelf receivers, and Stokley and Clark were both pretty good.  He also had a great line.  Remember, these guys made Joseph Addai look like a star.  The defence was weak, at most positions that weren't pass rusher or constantly injured safety, but the Saints have shown us that you don't really need a defence to win if you're productive enough.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

I would argue with the great line.  Undersized and smart.

Neil

They kept Manning upright and kept the runnign game going.  If they weren't great, they played great.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

They didn't beat savage blitzes and buy Peyton time to unload on deep routes.  Most of his unsackability was due to his god-like ability to read defenses and check off to hot routes.

Indy's run offense was like the old Marshall Faulk Ram's run offense: when you pass 80% of the time defenses are running their nickel, dime, and ha'penny packages.  All kinds of space for a running back.

derspiess

Is it just me or does this look like Charlie Batch wearing Peyton Manning's uniform??

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Rough Black Monday so far.

Coaches:

Lovie Smith, Chan Gailey, Pat Shurmer, Andy Reid, Romeo Crenel are gone for sure.  Norv is gone in San Diego.

GMs:

Tannebaum (NYJ), Heckert (Cleveland), Smith (Jacksonville), AJ Smith (SD).  Nix (Buffalo) is likely to go.  Looks like Pioli will stay on in KC.

EDIT:  Norv and AJ Smith both out in San Diego.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 31, 2012, 01:50:45 PM
Both GM & HC are gone in Arizona.

Yeah I just saw that and I'm not very happy about it.  Neither Lombardi nor Walsh could have won with the Cardinals' QB situation this year.  Wisenhunt may have "lost the team" but it's got to be hard to show up to work every week knowing there is almost 0% chance of winning.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 31, 2012, 01:04:17 PM
EDIT:  Norv and AJ Smith both out in San Diego.

Good.  AJ Smith needed to go big time.