News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 17 - Almost nobody is trying

Started by Neil, December 30, 2012, 01:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

What's all this with penalty for throwing a red flag in the Packers - Vikings game?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

Quote from: Liep on December 30, 2012, 06:53:13 PM
What's all this with penalty for throwing a red flag in the Packers - Vikings game?
This year you can't throw a challenge on a play that is automatically reviewed (a touchdown or a turnover), or else it's unsportsmanlike conduct.  The point is to keep the coaches from snarking the refs with passive aggression.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Terrell Pryor almost led the RAIDAHS to a win. His tattoos threw two touchdowns.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 30, 2012, 07:32:21 PM
That's a dumbass rule.
It really is.  The worst part is that if you throw the flag after they've buzzed down the review, then they won't review the play and whayever they called on the field stands.  That's what fucked the Lions (of course :lol:) out of a win on US Thanksgiving.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Well, AP came up 9 yards short, but they made it to the playoffs.

I have to say, I feel good about the old record standing up.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2012, 07:36:20 PM
That's what fucked the Lions (of course :lol:) out of a win on US Thanksgiving.

Well that, and the 15 play 97 yard game tying drive late in the fourth quarter (about 20 minutes after they "lost," although still had the lead, on the bad call) they gave up.  Probably something with the jacked up possessions in OT too.  :hmm:

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on December 30, 2012, 07:44:53 PM
Well, AP came up 9 yards short, but they made it to the playoffs.

I have to say, I feel good about the old record standing up.

Yeah well until somebody gets 2,000 in just 14 games OJ Wifekiller is still the champ.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on December 30, 2012, 07:51:32 PM
Yeah well until somebody gets 2,000 in just 14 games OJ Wifekiller is still the champ.

Hey, I saw while waiting in line that the National Enquirer has photos video of the murder now!

e: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/exclusive-oj-murders-caught-tape

:ph34r:

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on December 30, 2012, 05:40:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
Ravens 2nd string offense just ran it down the Bengals first team offense.  Lulz.

Pats win, Ravens get the Colts.  Pats lose, Ravens get the Bengals again.  Don't want to see the Colts next week.

I like how you assumed the W there :D

Btw, re: Tyrod Taylor, I wouldn't get *too* excited about his performance early on.  I talked to one of the defensive assistants after the game to see what the deal was with him running circles around them-- turns out they did zero prep for Taylor.  No clue why, since it seemed pretty obvious that Flacco was not going to play the whole game.  Anyway after they had a couple series with him they were able to contain him for the most part.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 30, 2012, 05:40:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
Ravens 2nd string offense just ran it down the Bengals first team offense.  Lulz.

Pats win, Ravens get the Colts.  Pats lose, Ravens get the Bengals again.  Don't want to see the Colts next week.

I like how you assumed the W there :D

Would you want to see the Colts, the way they've been playing? I don't.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on December 30, 2012, 07:54:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on December 30, 2012, 07:51:32 PM

Hey, I saw while waiting in line that the National Enquirer has photos video of the murder now!

e: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/exclusive-oj-murders-caught-tape

:ph34r:

Hey, it's that Django unchained movie.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on December 30, 2012, 08:07:36 PM
Btw, re: Tyrod Taylor, I wouldn't get *too* excited about his performance early on.  I talked to one of the defensive assistants after the game to see what the deal was with him running circles around them-- turns out they did zero prep for Taylor.  No clue why, since it seemed pretty obvious that Flacco was not going to play the whole game.  Anyway after they had a couple series with him they were able to contain him for the most part.
Yeah, no kidding.  What this game showed me is that Taylor isn't the guy and all the people who are on the 'let Flacco walk so Taylor can start' people are either retarded or racist.

I feel bad for AP.  His career is basically over and he didn't get the record.

CountDeMoney

I fully expect Dallas to choke tonight, which is a shame.  ZOMG TEH RG3NESS WOULD BE INTOLERABLE

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 30, 2012, 08:07:36 PM

Hate to beak it to you, but I don't get excited over Taylor. Ever.  He's just another Beamer Ball bullshit artist, all wheels, no arm.  They should've kept Beck.

Pierce, on the other hand, will get a major FA contract when his rookie contract is up.