News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 17 - Almost nobody is trying

Started by Neil, December 30, 2012, 01:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2012, 08:18:29 PM
I fully expect Dallas to choke tonight, which is a shame.  ZOMG TEH RG3NESS WOULD BE INTOLERABLE
Just look at it as an fun leadup to him getting fucked up by the Seahawks.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

You don't live in the RG3 media epicenter.  Fucker gets more press than Flacco.

Tonitrus

I wonder how much Seahawks/Skins tickets will be...this is a rare opportunity.

Though if this game is $300 for standing room only, the RG3 premium is probably too much to bear.

CountDeMoney

Funny how helmet to helmet shots don't get flagged when Ed Reed's not around.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2012, 08:36:26 PM
Funny how helmet to helmet shots don't get flagged when Ed Reed's not around.
Did you notice on Dallas' return what would have been an illegal block if a Raven had been throwing it?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 30, 2012, 08:33:51 PM
You don't live in the RG3 media epicenter.  Fucker gets more press than Flacco.
Well, sort of.  I still live in North America.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 30, 2012, 08:36:19 PM
I wonder how much Seahawks/Skins tickets will be...this is a rare opportunity.

Though if this game is $300 for standing room only, the RG3 premium is probably too much to bear.

I'm telling you not as a Foreskins hater, but as a friend:  you don't ever want to go to that stadium.  It's the worst stadium experience to get in and out of ever, and I've been to my share of stadiums.

This is how it goes for a 1pm game:
1) You're going to have to aim to get there before 11am, because you're going to be forced to park at one of the many business parks in the area, then walk to a ferry point to wait for a transit shuttle--not a bus, a shuttle.  Like one of the ones you see ferrying around the elderly for their day trips to the mall.
2) That shuttle, when you finally get on one, will take you to another shuttle stop a while away, where you'll get off and walk to another transit point, and wait in line for a bus.
3) The bus will take you to within eyesight of the stadium, but can't get close because of the reserved parking.  You will then walk for about 1/2 of a mile.
4) After the game, you will walk back to the bus areas, which are fenced in according to destination, so you'll feel like Jews or cattle, depending on who won the game.
5) You will see your bus off in the distance, but not moving for a very long time, because they allow the reserved parking lots for the 1%ers to empty out before they bring the buses to the pens.
6) You'll eventually get to the end of the line and mount up, and take the bus to the shuttle point.
7) You'll walk back to your shuttle point, and wait in line for the shuttle to your satellite parking.
8) You'll get off the shuttle that's been fighting traffic with everyone else, and walk back to your car.
9) You'll then wait in traffic, hoping to get to the beltway by Monday.

Never mind the Metro;  the station is a mile away, and Metro transit won't shuttle to the park, because of federal regulations.

All this because that douchebag wanted to build a stadium in the middle of nowhere--but the local mega negro church bordering the stadium wouldn't sell to him, so their property totally fucked up the parking potential around the stadium;  and they don't allow stadium parking there, because church is in session at game time.  :lol:

We went to a Bucs-Foreskins game once; game ended at 4:10pm;  we didn't get to our car until almost 6pm.  It's fucking ridiculous. 

I'll never go to that stadium ever fucking again, I don't care if Jesus Christ Lazurus'd Johnny U's dead ass to quarterback the Ravens in the Super Bowl there.  Nope.  Fuck that stadium.

RFK, now that was a breeze to go to.  Come out of the metro, and there she was.  Only The Danny could fuck up a stadium.

Ed Anger

And expired airline peanuts completes the Dan Snyder experience.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

PDH

This is a tough call here.  I can't root for a Dan Snyder team ever.  He is just too much of a douchebag.

The Cowboys are the Cowboys, and while it ain't like it was back in the day, they always have a buttload of awful fans who are so visibly hurt when they choke at the end of each December.

I don't agree with the "have to hate the Cowboys" people, but it is ok to spit on their fans and call them gigantic piles of crap.  It is always ok to hate the owner of the 'skins and therefore root against the team. 

I think it is a push.  What happens if they tie?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

IIRC, the Redskins would make the playoffs then.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Yeah, I'd be "going in" with my Double Stack, you naughty little ginger.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

She haunts me and taunts me during football games with her crimson wiles.