News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 16 - Yes, it's week 16 already

Started by MadBurgerMaker, December 22, 2012, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Only at the NFL.  Seattle's a fun team to watch.  Can't stand Pete Carroll, though.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2012, 09:19:17 PM
Only at the NFL.  Seattle's a fun team to watch.  Can't stand Pete Carroll, though.
Yeah?  Is it a college thing?  I don't really care much for Carroll one way or the other, although I could see how a team could dig his enthusiasm.  He kinda reminds me of a Dick Vermeil, what with his unquenchable positive attitude.

Jim Harbaugh, on the other hand, comes of like a bit of a jerk to me.  Either way, I like both these teams.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Carroll is kind of a douche too, from what I understand.  I guess it just isn't as blatantly obvious with him as it is with Harbaugh though.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: katmai on December 23, 2012, 12:16:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 22, 2012, 11:16:11 PM
At least Megatron got the record.

:ultra:
Wes Welker broke Jerry Rice's record for games with 10+ receptions today, it was his 18th, and last week he became the first player with 5 seasons of 100+ receptions.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2012, 09:46:06 PM
Quote from: katmai on December 23, 2012, 12:16:30 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 22, 2012, 11:16:11 PM
At least Megatron got the record.

:ultra:
Wes Welker broke Jerry Rice's record for games with 10+ receptions today, it was his 18th, and last week he became the first player with 5 seasons of 100+ receptions.
Yeah, but Welker is a scrub who has no place in the Hall of Fame.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

You'd think timmay would break the record with all his we bullshit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 23, 2012, 09:31:48 PM
Yeah?  Is it a college thing?  I don't really care much for Carroll one way or the other, although I could see how a team could dig his enthusiasm.  He kinda reminds me of a Dick Vermeil, what with his unquenchable positive attitude.

Jim Harbaugh, on the other hand, comes of like a bit of a jerk to me.  Either way, I like both these teams.

Yeah, bit of a college thing, what with the way he hauled ass out of USC right when the Reggie Bush stuff came to light, but he was a douchebag when he coached the Patriots, too;  although he probably would've had more success there if Bob Kraft gave him the kind of coaching freedom he's given Belichoke.

He was the one that made the "choke" sign over an opposing kicker that missed an extra point once.  Now that's douchebaggy, man.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2012, 10:01:29 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 23, 2012, 09:31:48 PM

Yeah, bit of a college thing, what with the way he hauled ass out of USC right when the Reggie Bush stuff came to light, but he was a douchebag when he coached the Patriots, too;  although he probably would've had more success there if Bob Kraft gave him the kind of coaching freedom he's given Belichoke.

Or if Tom Brady was on the roster.

CountDeMoney

Only the pure evil of Belicheat could make a quarterback from Michigan succeed.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2012, 10:06:54 PM

God knows he couldn't do anything with QBs from The U.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2012, 10:01:29 PM
Ah.  I don't really follow the college ball, so I can't hold it against him.
QuoteHe was the one that made the "choke" sign over an opposing kicker that missed an extra point once.  Now that's douchebaggy, man.
:lol:  OK, that's a dick move.  Coaches shouldn't be shit-talking players.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 23, 2012, 09:16:58 PM
Jesus H Christ, the NFL has become as fucking self-neutered and risk-averse as fucking post-war Germany.  Let's start seeing team lederhosen available while we're at it.

Yeah, that's a big part of why I don't follow the NFL as closely as I used to.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on December 23, 2012, 10:12:05 PM
Who was coaching the 49ers when Dorsey got drafted?  LULZ.

dps

Quote from: Neil on December 23, 2012, 10:15:20 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 23, 2012, 10:12:05 PM
Who was coaching the 49ers when Dorsey got drafted?  LULZ.

Dennis Erickson