News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 16 - Yes, it's week 16 already

Started by MadBurgerMaker, December 22, 2012, 05:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Tommy Kelly gets kicked by Cam Newton and Kelly gets the penalty as watched perfectly by a ref.  Cam later bumps a ref as a fuck you and only gets a penalty and not tossed.  I love the NFL.  Is it baseball season yet? :bleeding:

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Count

Meh pats game but I'll take it. It'd be great if Houston or Denver lost next week, of course
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Neil

Hey, it's not like the Patriots get so many wins by playing worth opponents.  Goodell's favorite team gets a creampuff schedule every year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Count

Quote from: Neil on December 25, 2012, 11:54:18 AM
Hey, it's not like the Patriots get so many wins by playing worth opponents.  Goodell's favorite team gets a creampuff schedule every year.

you know there's just a formula for scheduling? Six games against other teams in your division, four games against another division in your conference, four against another division in the other conference, and two against teams in your conference that finished in the same position as you in their division.

I do agree though that in retrospect baltimore was a relatively easy opponent  ;)
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

Neil

Quote from: Count on December 25, 2012, 12:02:19 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 25, 2012, 11:54:18 AM
you know there's just a formula for scheduling? Six games against other teams in your division, four games against another division in your conference, four against another division in the other conference, and two against teams in your conference that finished in the same position as you in their division.

I do agree though that in retrospect baltimore was a relatively easy opponent  ;)
I do know that there's a formula for scheduling.  That said, the Patriots usually get their more difficult games at home, and play in a division where the other three teams are complete jokes.

Besides, Baltimore crushed the Patriots, and will do so again if they meet in the playoffs.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

We've played six playoff teams, won three games and lost three games, two of those loses were by one point.

Ravens - Loss: 31 - 30
Broncos - Win: 31-21
Seahawks - Loss: 24 - 23
Colts - Win: 59 - 24
Texans - Win: 42 - 14
49ers - Loss: 41-34
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

And you played your heart out in all six of them. :cheers:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Seahawks corner Richard Sherman won his PED appeal.  I've only seen it on Twitter but it was Adam Schefter.

sbr

The Kansas City Chiefs have 3 more Pro Bowl players than wins (5-2). :D

And more than the 13-2 Falcons.

derspiess

Bengals only got two in-- the obvious choices of AJ Green and Geno Atkins.  I think Andrew Whitworth got screwed but otherwise I'm okay with it. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on December 27, 2012, 12:55:37 PM
Bengals only got two in-- the obvious choices of AJ Green and Geno Atkins.  I think Andrew Whitworth got screwed but otherwise I'm okay with it.
Offensive line is sometimes a weird position at the Pro Bowl.  The lack of stats mess with the fan vote.  A lot of times, you see well-known players from large-market teams.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on December 27, 2012, 01:16:29 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 27, 2012, 12:55:37 PM
Offensive line is sometimes a weird position at the Pro Bowl.  The lack of stats mess with the fan vote.  A lot of times, you see well-known players from large-market teams.

Makes sense.  Anyway Whit always seems to get in as an alternate, so he'll probably get in that way this year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Kleves

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2012, 12:40:43 PM
Seahawks corner Richard Sherman won his PED appeal.  I've only seen it on Twitter but it was Adam Schefter.
:yeah:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.