Started by Ed Anger, November 28, 2012, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2012, 04:47:03 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 30, 2012, 04:45:19 PM
I got tattoos back in 93, does this make me a slut?  :hmm:

No, you're a dude.  Duh...

Yeah it makes him a sailor.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

It's not that she has tats that's the problem here. It's that she has lots and lots of awful ones all over her.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 30, 2012, 04:58:04 PM
It's not that she has tats that's the problem here. It's that she has lots and lots of awful ones all over her.

Yep.  Those are some horrid tats.  But it is pretty obvious by looking at her she has terrible taste in general.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Tattoos on chicks are wrong, regardless of the generation, and are morally reserved for servicemen, bikers and convicts. 

Nobody else should get a pass, unless you're some goofy ass 3rd world tribal member, running around in a banana hammock with a spear, making clucking sounds to one another over whether the sun is mad at you or not.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 05:01:12 PM
Tattoos on chicks are wrong, regardless of the generation, and are morally reserved for servicemen, bikers and convicts. 

Nobody else should get a pass, unless you're some goofy ass 3rd world tribal member, running around in a banana hammock with a spear, making clucking sounds to one another over whether the sun is mad at you or not.

Correct.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2012, 04:33:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 30, 2012, 02:23:33 PM
Quote from: merithyn on November 30, 2012, 02:19:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 30, 2012, 02:18:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2012, 01:25:34 PM
Not really.  I mean those tatoos are pretty sketchy but lots of perfectly prudish boring square women get tattoos these days.

Which is stupid.  Nothing worse than a 40something that tries to act like a 20something, like getting a tramp stamp or fucking up their leg with a butterfly, or Howard the Duck inside her pantie line.

:unsure:

What if said 40-something got said tattoos in her 20s and 30s?

Then the tats turn into a beluga whale from all the stretching and weight gain.

I've known a girl whose butt cheek scorpion had turned into a lobster before she turned 30.

A rock lobster!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Yeah not a fan.  I was just pointing out the horrible scourge of tattoo getting had spread throughout the female population.  Nobody is immune.

I also hate them on athletes.  What a bunch of posers.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on November 30, 2012, 05:07:08 PM

Yeah not a fan.  I was just pointing out the horrible scourge of tattoo getting had spread throughout the female population.  Nobody is immune.

I also hate them on athletes.  What a bunch of posers.

Especially on black athletes. They are unreadable.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

As Charles Emmerson Winchester said - Tattoos are the common man's way of sponsoring art.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2012, 04:53:02 PM
Anyway, as much as I agree with CC's opinion about tattoos, I think they really got popular right around the early to mid-90s.  Meri's article states that the "craze" started in the 70s or 80s or whatever.  But that's sort of like saying the microbrewing movement started in the 70s.  It technically did get its start then, but it didn't really have a lot of momentum until the 90s.

The article is bs, there may have been people getting tattoes in the 90s but they were not the young professional women crying out for attention.  Back then those types into navel piercings.

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on November 30, 2012, 05:02:35 PM

Correct.

Wrong as rain
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on November 30, 2012, 06:42:42 PM

Correct.

Wrong as rain

There is nothing wrong with rain.

merithyn

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 30, 2012, 05:48:46 PM

The article is bs, there may have been people getting tattoes in the 90s but they were not the young professional women crying out for attention.  Back then those types into navel piercings.

That may have been the case where you are, but I got my first tattoo in 1991, and I was one of the last in my crowd to get one. Belly button piercings were in, too, but not like tattoos, yet.

And I love how it's "crying out for attention".  :rolleyes:  Most of us kept our tattoos in places that were easily hidden. We were looking for professional work, after all. Only the idiots got them where they could easily be seen.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

I think you should get your nipples pierced with rings the size of door knockers.  ZOUNDS! WHAT MOUNDS!

Razgovory

Correct.

I agree.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017