Fiscal Cliff MEGATHREAD: Wile E. Economy falls off, lands in cloud at bottom

Started by CountDeMoney, November 13, 2012, 10:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Apparently Rep. Peter King (R) threatened to go Democrat over this. He seems pretty angry.

Admiral Yi

Who gives a shit about Hurricane Sandy relief, how about that fucking milk bill?

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2013, 02:26:46 PM
Who gives a shit about Hurricane Sandy relief, how about that fucking milk bill?

Well apparently gov Christie and rep King care.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

OK, is this thing now sorted, well at least for another couple of months; cus I can't be arsed to turn on the news channel and wade through all the uk politics/news.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2013, 02:42:14 PMThey're paid to care.

I didn't realize being paid to care excluded them from your rhetorical question.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2013, 02:16:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2013, 02:13:01 PM
But in practice they did not have a filibuster proof majority.

In practice there was disagreement between progressives and Blue Dogs that had to be worked out.  Which has nothing to do with the issue of Democrats being more cooperative than Republicans.

What does that have to do with the price of Tea in China?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on January 02, 2013, 03:15:15 PM
OK, is this thing now sorted, well at least for another couple of months; cus I can't be arsed to turn on the news channel and wade through all the uk politics/news.

Oh no. More to follow.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2013, 07:59:08 PM

I thought you and Fredo were bringing up Obamacare in the context of a discussion about relative cooperativeness of the parties.  If not, please disregard.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2013, 08:02:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2013, 07:59:08 PM

I thought you and Fredo were bringing up Obamacare in the context of a discussion about relative cooperativeness of the parties.  If not, please disregard.

Okay, how many "blue dogs" actually disagreed?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Scipio

Quote from: Faeelin on January 01, 2013, 05:02:31 PM
Yea, I'm kind of at a loss here. Doesn't Obama lose bigtime here?
He loses no more than Joe Taxpayer does, only when Obama loses, it's not at his own expense.  It's only when he wins that it's at his own expense.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2013, 08:09:21 PM

Okay, disagreed with what?  Okay, what does that have to do with the relative cooperativeness of the two parties?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 02, 2013, 08:24:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2013, 08:09:21 PM

Okay, disagreed with what?  Okay, what does that have to do with the relative cooperativeness of the two parties?

QuoteIn practice there was disagreement between progressives and Blue Dogs that had to be worked out.

I didn't understand what you were getting at, at first.  Now I do.