Elmo on leave from Sesame Street amid gay underage relationship rumors

Started by Syt, November 12, 2012, 12:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: dps on November 27, 2012, 01:24:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: dps on November 27, 2012, 01:16:43 PM
Hm.  Can't figure out if this guy is a victim of homopobia, a pedophile, or the victim of false charges of pedophilia.

Seems to me Clash is similar to our very own Grallon - gay man (and now an older gay man) with an interest in post-pubescent young men.

I suppose you can make the case that he is a victim of homophobia - these relationships appear to be outside of the age of consent, and he didn't use his position with Sesame Street, so they are legal, consentual relationships.

However, given the obvious age disparities, and by being a public figure for being the voice of children's icon Elmo, I think his behaviour is of a sort where I understand why Sesame Street didn't want to be associated with him.

Do you think that would still be the case if he was accused of having sex with underage females, but the women involved had recanted and admitted that they didn't have sex with him until they were adults?

Yes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I agree with BB. After all, with the first allegation, Sesame Street stood firmly by him and through the recanted statement. It was only around the time of the 2nd accusation that their support wavered.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

If he was fucking little girls instead he would get British knighthood and a medal from the Pope. :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2012, 03:31:53 PM
If he was fucking little girls instead he would get British knighthood and a medal from the Pope. :contract:

Well yes he would be a hero in Euroland.  But he would still be fired from Sesame Street.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on November 27, 2012, 04:34:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 27, 2012, 03:31:53 PM

Well yes he would be a hero in Euroland.  But he would still be fired from Sesame Street.

:lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall