Elmo on leave from Sesame Street amid gay underage relationship rumors

Started by Syt, November 12, 2012, 12:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: PDH on November 21, 2012, 02:18:25 PM
He would like to get to know, and yes, even love someone before he uses and degrades them.

Well that's just foolish.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on November 21, 2012, 02:18:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:17:06 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2012, 02:10:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2012, 12:36:55 PM
Actually, I find it more acceptable the closer I approach 45.

Not me.  Actually seems more odd now than it did before.  Maybe not the sex itself, but everything that must take place both before and after.

Why does there need to be much before or after?

He would like to get to know, and yes, even love someone before he uses and degrades them.

Steve Martin FTW :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2012, 02:10:30 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2012, 12:36:55 PM
Actually, I find it more acceptable the closer I approach 45.

Not me.  Actually seems more odd now than it did before.  Maybe not the sex itself, but everything that must take place both before and after.

I guess there doesn't in theory.  But for a guy like me it would take a some time and effort on the front end, so to speak, and afterwards there'd inevitably be some awkwardness.  And all the time I'd feel a bit creepy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Yeah, no kiddin'.
Hell, I wish I knew some of those girls back then now, when I was head over heels and they were like "meh".  I could get with that attitude right about now rather easily.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 02:31:50 PM

Yeah, no kiddin'.
Hell, I wish I knew some of those girls back then now, when I was head over heels and they were like "meh".  I could get with that attitude right about now rather easily.

Hi. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 21, 2012, 02:31:50 PM

Yeah, no kiddin'.

When did this Seedy exist and about when did he die?  :(

CountDeMoney

Martinus

QuoteElmo Admits He's Uncomfortable Working With Gay Puppeteer
NOVEMBER 14, 2012 | ISSUE 48•46 | MORE NEWS IN BRIEF

NEW YORK—While stressing that he "in no way discriminates against or dislikes homosexuals," Sesame Street star Elmo admitted to reporters Wednesday that he is "no longer comfortable" working with his now openly gay puppeteer, Kevin Clash. "While Elmo respects Mr. Clash's decision to come out as a gay man, it does make Elmo somewhat uneasy," said the 26-year-old furry puppet, adding that Clash's sexuality "conflicts with [his] personal and religious beliefs." "Elmo simply does not agree with the gay lifestyle, and given the unique puppet-puppeteer relationship, Elmo believes that having daily physical contact with Mr. Clash as part of Elmo's employment is now inappropriate." At press time, Elmo had submitted an official request to the Sesame Workshop to be transferred to a different puppeteer.

merithyn

Quote from: Martinus on November 21, 2012, 03:41:33 PM
QuoteElmo Admits He's Uncomfortable Working With Gay Puppeteer
NOVEMBER 14, 2012 | ISSUE 48•46 | MORE NEWS IN BRIEF

NEW YORK—While stressing that he "in no way discriminates against or dislikes homosexuals," Sesame Street star Elmo admitted to reporters Wednesday that he is "no longer comfortable" working with his now openly gay puppeteer, Kevin Clash. "While Elmo respects Mr. Clash's decision to come out as a gay man, it does make Elmo somewhat uneasy," said the 26-year-old furry puppet, adding that Clash's sexuality "conflicts with [his] personal and religious beliefs." "Elmo simply does not agree with the gay lifestyle, and given the unique puppet-puppeteer relationship, Elmo believes that having daily physical contact with Mr. Clash as part of Elmo's employment is now inappropriate." At press time, Elmo had submitted an official request to the Sesame Workshop to be transferred to a different puppeteer.

:lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

And another:

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-elmo-puppeteer-faces-sex-minor-allegation-174928762.html

QuoteEx-Elmo puppeteer faces new sex-with-minor allegation

The puppeteer formerly behind the "Sesame Street" character Elmo faces a new accusation of having sex with an underage boy, a week after a similar allegation prompted him to resign from the iconic public television children's program.

In a lawsuit filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, a man identified only as John alleges Kevin Clash engaged in oral sex and other sex acts with him when John was 16 years old. The suit seeks at least $75,000 in damages.

The suit alleges the incident occurred in either 2000 or 2001 when John, who is from Florida, visited New York for modeling opportunities. John came to know Clash, then 40, through a telephone chat line for gays on which Clash claimed to be a 30-year-old named Craig, according to the suit.

John returned to New York when he turned 18, and he and Clash renewed the relationship, the lawsuit said.

"Mr. Clash believes the lawsuit has no merit," Clash's publicist, Risa B. Heller, said in an emailed statement.

It is the latest charge levied against Clash, now 52, who resigned on November 20 from Sesame Workshop, the company behind "Sesame Street," after nearly 30 years on the show.

His resignation came the same day Cecil Singleton filed a claim seeking more than $5 million in damages from Clash. Singleton claims he met the then-32-year-old puppeteer in 1993 in a gay chat room when he was 15.

It added that on numerous occasions over a period of years Clash engaged in sexual activity with Singleton.

The newest allegation comes about two weeks after another man recanted his claims that Clash had sex with him when he was 16 years old. The man later said the relationship was consensual.

Clash had denied the allegations and acknowledged a past relationship with his first accuser. He added the pair were both consenting adults at the time.

The Elmo character debuted on "Sesame Street" in 1979, 10 years after the show premiered and introduced the now-iconic characters Big Bird, Bert and Ernie, Oscar the Grouch and Cookie Monster, among others, to American children.

While Clash was the third performer to animate the child-like shaggy red monster, Sesame Workshop credits him with turning Elmo into the international sensation he became.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Hm.  Can't figure out if this guy is a victim of homopobia, a pedophile, or the victim of false charges of pedophilia. 

Barrister

Quote from: dps on November 27, 2012, 01:16:43 PM
Hm.  Can't figure out if this guy is a victim of homopobia, a pedophile, or the victim of false charges of pedophilia.

Seems to me Clash is similar to our very own Grallon - gay man (and now an older gay man) with an interest in post-pubescent young men.

I suppose you can make the case that he is a victim of homophobia - these relationships appear to be outside of the age of consent, and he didn't use his position with Sesame Street, so they are legal, consentual relationships.

However, given the obvious age disparities, and by being a public figure for being the voice of children's icon Elmo, I think his behaviour is of a sort where I understand why Sesame Street didn't want to be associated with him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: dps on November 27, 2012, 01:16:43 PM

Seems to me Clash is similar to our very own Grallon - gay man (and now an older gay man) with an interest in post-pubescent young men.

I suppose you can make the case that he is a victim of homophobia - these relationships appear to be outside of the age of consent, and he didn't use his position with Sesame Street, so they are legal, consentual relationships.

However, given the obvious age disparities, and by being a public figure for being the voice of children's icon Elmo, I think his behaviour is of a sort where I understand why Sesame Street didn't want to be associated with him.

Do you think that would still be the case if he was accused of having sex with underage females, but the women involved had recanted and admitted that they didn't have sex with him until they were adults?