Elmo on leave from Sesame Street amid gay underage relationship rumors

Started by Syt, November 12, 2012, 12:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2012, 02:34:44 AM
I wouldn't have that much of a problem if this was a one night stand, but there is a creepy whiff of "grooming" there.

Do you think the kid was tricked into having sex?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

I wouldn't have that much of a problem if this was a one night stand, but there is a creepy whiff of "grooming" there.

Yeah that is the part that makes it creepy.  The age difference by itself is not terribly unusual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 14, 2012, 12:11:05 PM

Yeah that is the part that makes it creepy.  The age difference by itself is not terribly unusual.

But where is that coming from? I haven't, except for in the recanted allegation, seen evidence that the two even knew each other before they were both adults.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2012, 08:28:03 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2012, 11:49:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 13, 2012, 10:48:52 PM
Is it creepy that a 45 year old had sec with someone 18?

I don't see it as that much of an outlier. :unsure:

Neither do I.

Actually, I find it more acceptable the closer I approach 45.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Two pages into an Elmo gay puppeteer molestation thread, and not a single fisting joke.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2012, 08:29:28 AM

Do you think the kid was tricked into having sex?

No. If he was tricked, it would be a crime. The guy committed no crime. But what he did is creepy.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on November 14, 2012, 04:37:00 PM
Two pages into an Elmo gay puppeteer molestation thread, and not a single fisting joke.  :P

In my defense, they would be hack on my part, as I heard them all already on the gay comedy podcast I listen to. The episode was titled "Diddle me Elmo".  :P

garbon

Now a second accuser has emerged from the woodwork and Clash had resigned.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2012, 12:36:55 PM

Not me.  Actually seems more odd now than it did before.  Maybe not the sex itself, but everything that must take place both before and after.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2012, 02:10:30 PM

Not me.  Actually seems more odd now than it did before.  Maybe not the sex itself, but everything that must take place both before and after.

Why does there need to be much before or after?

PDH

Quote from: garbon on November 21, 2012, 02:17:06 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2012, 02:10:30 PM

Why does there need to be much before or after?

He would like to get to know, and yes, even love someone before he uses and degrades them.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM