News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Puerto Rico Ballot Initiative

Started by DontSayBanana, November 07, 2012, 12:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2012, 11:17:02 AM
Heh.  Wow the Republicans' level of political sanity continues to slip.  I guess they just want to be seen as the anti-Latino party.  That will do wonders for them in the future.

You're basing that on a statement in a blog?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on November 11, 2012, 10:28:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 09, 2012, 11:17:02 AM
Heh.  Wow the Republicans' level of political sanity continues to slip.  I guess they just want to be seen as the anti-Latino party.  That will do wonders for them in the future.

You're basing that a statement in a blog?

I don't understand anymore.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Then stop reading my posts full of typos. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: alfred russel on November 08, 2012, 07:23:18 PM
If we lived in a sane world that wasn't driven by identity politics, I think the US would be forcing Puerto Rico to become a state with Puerto Rico resisting. It is crazy they get an income tax exclusion and are contemplating giving it up.
Wouldn't many Ricans be excluded from income tax anyways on the grounds that they're dirt fucking poor and fall beneath the minimum taxable income?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on November 11, 2012, 11:44:21 AM
If we lived in a sane world that wasn't driven by identity politics, I think the US would be forcing Puerto Rico to become a state with Puerto Rico resisting. It is crazy they get an income tax exclusion and are contemplating giving it up.
Wouldn't many Ricans be excluded from income tax anyways on the grounds that they're dirt fucking poor and fall beneath the minimum taxable income?

I think Mitt got them over the line there, they realized they were in the 47% and didn't pay income tax so they voted yes for more government handouts.

I think the Republicans should oppose this on the traditional republican grounds of anti-imperialism.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on November 11, 2012, 11:44:21 AM

Yes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Viking on November 11, 2012, 12:24:31 PM

I think Mitt got them over the line there, they realized they were in the 47% and didn't pay income tax so they voted yes for more government handouts.

I asked before about the handouts, but I don't think there are any that they don't get as a result of not being a state. I could be wrong.

There are still some sane, even sane latino Republicans out there. Running Brian Sandoval for President would be a decent idea.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on November 11, 2012, 03:59:42 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 11, 2012, 12:24:31 PM

I asked before about the handouts, but I don't think there are any that they don't get as a result of not being a state. I could be wrong.

There are still some sane, even sane latino Republicans out there. Running Brian Sandoval for President would be a decent idea.

Once they get some congressmen and senators they can start getting their own pork. I think the US Navy is looking for a firing range, that will create some jobs.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.