News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on November 07, 2012, 12:57:33 AM
Could I get a consice, written for a 12 year old explanation of what the conservatives' hard-on about Libya is about?  I don't get it, but I've been trying not to follow the news recently.

I couldn't get much of an answer out of Derspeiss, except that the President blamed it on angry crowd for two weeks even when everyone knew it was preplanned.  I pointed out that nobody has been apprehended for the crime so nobody knows how they were organized, and second that since nobody knows, it's not exactly a big deal that people would have different theories on how it was carried out.  Derspeiss never got back to me on that.  I took to checking around the net, and a thread on FreeRepublic that Congress should impeach Obama over it though.  My guess, Republican didn't like Obama blaming the riots and stuff on an anti-Islamic movie being made.  That hits a little to close to home.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Wasn't there also claims that the PotUS could/should have flown in Marines or something?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Btw, my favorite commentator gaffe this morning on the radio: "Obama is only the second Democrat president after Bill Clinton to be re-elected." :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

So when do I get my Obama Phone? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2012, 05:02:41 AM
Could I get a consice, written for a 12 year old explanation of what the conservatives' hard-on about Libya is about?  I don't get it, but I've been trying not to follow the news recently.

I couldn't get much of an answer out of Derspeiss, except that the President blamed it on angry crowd for two weeks even when everyone knew it was preplanned.  I pointed out that nobody has been apprehended for the crime so nobody knows how they were organized, and second that since nobody knows, it's not exactly a big deal that people would have different theories on how it was carried out.  Derspeiss never got back to me on that.  I took to checking around the net, and a thread on FreeRepublic that Congress should impeach Obama over it though.  My guess, Republican didn't like Obama blaming the riots and stuff on an anti-Islamic movie being made.  That hits a little to close to home.

Conservatives consider the post-attack trickle of information as a cover up, not as a confusing area of operations with hard-to-identify actors and no real HUMINT in a fluid, post-revolutionary country.

Everything you need to know about the conservatives POV is being said by Dan Issa.

CountDeMoney

Batshit Bachmann wins.

QuoteBachmann, whose controversial statements leading up to the election included accusing President Obama of "apology and appeasement across the globe," was declared the winner by the Associated Press with 98 percent of precincts reporting. She led Graves, a prominent businessman, by just over 3,000 votes out of nearly 350,000 votes cast.

House Committee on Financial Services
    Member, Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade
    Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations

House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
    Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
    Member, Subcommittee on Technical and Tactical Intelligence

Lovely.

Syt

QuoteThe exit poll largely told the story. In the nineteen-to-twenty-nine age group, Obama won sixty per cent of the vote. He got ninety-three per cent of the black vote, seventy per cent of the hispanic vote, and seventy-five per cent of the Asian vote. Fifty-six per cent of women voted for him, as did sixty-three per cent of unmarried people, two-thirds of secular voters, and about four-fifths of gays and lesbians. Romney carried fifty-nine per cent of white voters (male and female); a majority of all Americans aged forty-five or over; and fifty-seven per cent of married people. In ideological terms, Obama forged a liberal-moderate course to victory. Despite his post-Convention lurch to the center, Romney couldn't win over enough self-identified moderates. In that group, Obama took fifty-seven per cent of the vote.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2012/11/victory-for-obamas-america.html#ixzz2BXLKQwSC
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Linda McMahon lost the Senate race. Wrestling might be good again.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 06:42:37 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2012, 05:02:41 AM

Conservatives consider the post-attack trickle of information as a cover up, not as a confusing area of operations with hard-to-identify actors and no real HUMINT in a fluid, post-revolutionary country.

Everything you need to know about the conservatives POV is being said by Dan Issa.

A cover up of what?  Republicans are like Arafat was, they say one thing for general public consumption and another to the rank in file.  Maybe Issa thinks that Vince Foster's killer was behind it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 06:47:41 AM
Batshit Bachmann wins.

That's good for Dems, she'll keep firing up donations while not having any actual influence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 02:41:56 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 07, 2012, 02:38:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 02:35:35 AM
I'm pretty sure Mitt Romney will survive.  The man is building an elevator for his cars. for Christ's sake.  A net wealth of $250 million is one hell of a pillow to cry in.
Who let you out of the straightjacket?

Ed Shultz dropped by, and gave me a Big Labor reach-around while we watched Hoffa in the nude, feeding me brats like grapes.  It was divine.

I wake up and I read this. :bleeding:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 07, 2012, 08:23:19 AM
Good morning, sunshine.

G'morning. I watched the news and the tea party got a kick in the nuts. I'm feelin alright.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: PDH on November 07, 2012, 08:25:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 07, 2012, 08:22:46 AM

I wake up and I read this. :bleeding:

Life sucks in Obama's America.

My mother said she's going to take her medical marijuana and puff until she forgets that Warren now represents her.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.