News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Kleves on November 07, 2012, 12:39:28 AM
and it looks like we're going to elect a mouth-breathing Democrat governor over a Republican who got the endorsement of every newspaper in the state.
Another demonstration of why negative campaigning works.  Inslee ran a campaign based entirely on hate, and it worked.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

NEWS FLASH

Fox News says "Sandy" is a reason Mittens lost.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Umm, a news flash typically indicates that it is a new breaking story. We already had people say that immediately after election results (and even before).
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on November 07, 2012, 10:34:28 AM
Yi sighting! :w00t: Welcome back! 

Oh, and I want my money.  :menace:

I'll give it the same prompt attention you did last time. :whistle:

The black Marxist was on CNN at lunch.  I guess he has been rehabilitated.

garbon

Just got this in an e-mail

Quote90% of Gays and Lesbians Vote for Barack Obama

*unique snowflake* :showoff:

Syt

A garbon 2016 GOP candidacy seems in order. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2012, 02:46:01 PM

Ahem. I'd only be old enough for Congress.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on November 07, 2012, 02:47:31 PM

Ahem. I'd only be old enough for Congress.

No one's gonna ask for a birth certificate.

I hope.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Mia Love and Allan Houston both got beat. :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Allan Houston the ex nba player?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Why can't Florida run an election better than a third world nation?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 07, 2012, 02:53:35 PM

Mia Love and Allan Houston both got beat. :(

Needed some rainbow sprinkles on that.